Chain Tensioner

dr nick

After reading another post on this forum ,I checked my chain alignment and chain tensioner

My sprockets dont line up with each other .

My back sprocket is about 1" off from the front ,and my tensioner was set for the back sprocket only,so the chain was angled off the front sprocket... to the tensioner....then straight to the back sprocket

Surely this would cause premature wear on chain and front sprocket

I take it the tensioner should be on line with a straight edge from the back sprocket to the front sprocket.But even if it was ,the sprockets are not parallel with each other

The front sprocket is straight ...the back sprocket is straight....but they are just out of line with each other

Do the sprockets have to be inline with each other...if so...how do I do it ?

Regards

N

Judging from my casual observations of my bike(different"S" make) They dont line up either and it doesn't matter. I have three ov them sitting in the garage and they are all the same.

I have not taken accurate measurements as it would probably just p*** me off.

Same with my rear fenders twisting to the right as you look from the rear. Heck, thats the way they are made. Even worse, the right peg on my new bike is about 5% forward inclined as compared to the left.

Truth of the matter is, I dont even think the wheels track in line when the adjusters are set equally and rear tire centered in the swingarm. Its a design thing that you can't tell when riding.

I have decided to drink a beer and forget about it! If any of you REALLY ANAL engineers figure it out, let me know!

Cheers! B)