Which Bike?

ktmsprocket

Hi, I am a rookie and am starting to look for a trials bike. I want a latish model bike. In Australia we can choose from Beta, Scorpa and Sherco....bikes like Montesa, Gas Gas are rare here.

I am leaning toward a Scorpa SY250 with the option to put the Longride tank on.....but I am keen to hear what you guys think is a good bike from a build quality and reliability point of view. (I will maintain and tune it myself).

Cheers. J.

personally id go for beta or sherco but thats just me

also how old are you?

have you rode bikes before?

what cc nike are you after?

and do you want it for competition or play riding?

all of those play a factor in which bike to choose

Am 44 (yikes).

Ride bikes quite a bit.

Probably after a 200cc+

Will be for play riding, following son about on his Beta 50 or club use (fun though).

The Scorpa LongRide, or SY with kit installed, would be perfect for your needs. Don't overlook the SY175F, with the seat installed. It is an amazing bike, and adding the seat would be less expensive than adding a LongRide kit to the SY250.

I have owned a '02, '03 & '04 SY250, and am now riding an '05 SY175F. From your description of what you will be doing with the bike, the Scorpa would be an excellent choice.

I see your reference to KTM. If your a KTM type guy I'd stay with the common thread. KTM & Beta (as I understand it) are suppliers for one another. Some of the KTM minis have Beta motors & the Beta enduro bikes have KTM motors. Having owned several KTM's & Beta's I'm partial to these bikes. Good luck & enjoy!

H

I see your reference to KTM. If your a KTM type guy I'd stay with the common thread. KTM & Beta (as I understand it) are suppliers for one another. Some of the KTM minis have Beta motors & the Beta enduro bikes have KTM motors. Having owned several KTM's & Beta's I'm partial to these bikes. Good luck & enjoy!

H

Since he is not searching for a KTM mini, or a Beta Enduro, how is there any common thread? He is looking for a good trials bike, and potentially one with an option for a seat.