Carburation Query?

monty-python

Does anyone out there have any idea how i could smooth out the low down power of my trusty mont. It's a 99 with a 2002 carb on it (cos the 99 carb was a bit of a joke). At the moment the carb is as it came out of the box, and the bike runs a lot better than it did with the old carb. I had a shot of a 2003 model and it was sooo much smoother, power delivery wise than mine. I don't expect miracles, but i was wondering if i could do anything with what i've got, carb wise to improve matters (other than buy a 2003). . Any ideas anyone??

You need to speak to Vince at Haven Trialsport. He can port your barrell/cylinder to '03 Plus' spec.

I had mine done (02 bike) earlier this year and I really noticed the difference. Its very very smooth, responsive and is much easier to ride. Its about

Trialsurfer, Do you guys add any more filter protection, or tape off your vent holes on the seat?

The Monty air cleaner system seems so tight the way it is, I'm confused with the other post on this subject.

Thanks for the tips guys, i shall send haven my barrel when there is a window in the trials calander . I forgot to mention, my bike also occasionally makes a knock sound when i am riding between sections, this happens usually in the first three gears, when it has been revved quite high (not screaming or anything) and then when i shut the throttle - it knocks, usually just the once. |I seem to remember someone saying that this was down to the shape of the combustion chamber and was nothing to worry about. Is this right??

Brewster- How much were the boyesons??

Trialsurfer , i'll try the 35 pilot, would this also help the starting? It usually takes two or three kicks, even when warm?

On the subject of the vent holes, i've never had excess mud in my airbox (vents open), was at a muddy trial a few weeks age (it was snowing and finished early). The bike was caked but the filter was no worse than usual, if you're worried just gaffa tape the gap at the rear mudguard/ airbox.

The Boyesen's can be found at a local MX/Boyesen dealer (I think that they are distributed by AXO/Oakley - not sure though) you'll need to special order them.

Other things to consider, black throttle tube, 42 rear sprocket, both slow things a bit and take the edge of the bottom.

On the vents, here's my rear guard with the P.38 mesh

post-9-1075228927.jpg