Practice Area In Wiltshire

rhaines

Hi all

I have just moved to wiltshire (near chippenham) from tyneside and wondered if any of you know of any trials practice areas that are 'legal' to ride on.

any help would be appreciated because I DO need the practice!

thanks guys

rich

Thought Id get this posted before I leave for sheffield. Hospitality suite here I come.....Get up there dougie...plenty time......come on!!!

Rich,

I was told recently that there is a place called Petit France which is near Malmesbury. I can't find it on the map though. Does anyone know where this is and whether its legal?

I live in Swindon and usually drive up to Kilkenny near Cheltenham for a practice with the rest of the R2W crew (in fact we were up there today). Check out http://r2wtrials.com/ to see what we're up to.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi, I used to live down that way (Heddington, south of Calne) and struggled to find anywhere to practice.

I too had heard of the venue at Petit France (N of Old Sodbury on A46)but never found out exactly where and everyone I spoke too had heard of it from a mate....

Happily I now live 5 mins from Kilkenny, which is pretty good planning. It's a good venue but can get a bit crowded at weekends, probably about an hour from you.

BTW, anyone using Kilkenny would you mind taking any litter away please? The Cotswold Warden had a little moan about it t'other day. Thanks.

There was a lot of rubbish. We ended up with three bags full.

Hey Tony, did you take any bags away?

I was a bit reluctant after that dog P****d all over them!

If they're there next time, I will remove them.

Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help guys.

What are the chances of petit france been reopened for trials, does anyone have any contact details so we can find out.

How accessible is the place at kilkenny. Do you hav to be road legal, is there car parking near etc.

We are thinking of going in the next couple of weeks.

How do you get there?

On another subject, has anyone been to the feet up place in devon. Thinking about trying it in feb but have not heard any reports from riders about it.

cheers rich