Bou Needs To Be Allowed In Indoor Series

northernnorm

I don't want to play devils advocat but I guess the rules are there and its just a shame that this excluded bou as an auto qualifier, next year he will be for sure.

Toni would only be certain of a start in each round next year would be to finish in the top 3 this year indoors or top 2 outdoors excluding the riders who finished top 3 indoors. I would doubt that Toni even winning all rounds he is due to compete at this year (6 include Marseille) would accrue sufficient points to place top 3. This means he would have to finish top 5 outdoors (assuming the top 3 indoors placed in the top 5 outdoors themselves) to gain automatic entry in the 2007 indoor series.

I wonder if they are singing Long Live the King at Sagsagville?

From a commercial point of view, Trials needs Toni Bou. There is a new Buzz about the place and having him at an event is more important than having anyone else (besides Raga) at the moment.

Team tactics by GasGas and Toni's performance has made great theatre.We will see Toni contest the whole series I am sure. No organisation in their right minds would miss an opportunity like that surely!

Surely nobody wants to see any rule-bending! Once that happens it will never end, and won't always please the same people. I think that most of the individual event organisers would have watched the Sheffield event and decided there and then who their extra rider will be. Obviously another more junior rider might wow the crowds at the next event, and they will all change their minds, but it should be seen to be fair and transparent.

BTW, Dabster, I reckon Sheffield was a bit rattling this year owing to the threat of bad weather. I watched the snow all morning, only booking at lunchtime on Saturday, just in case it turned really nasty. Cracking night though eh!

I understand that the third wild card rider is at the discretion of the organisers. Surely they will be applying for Bou at the events where he is not down as a wild card, allowing the necessary 15 days.

As a paying spectator I want to see the best riders in the world and as Bou is probably on current form (judging by the Spanish Indoor Championship)second best in the World, you would want to see him ride.

It was joyful to read this poster. First, I began to have a little hope to see Toni Bou all the same. Second, your discussion is so hot and sincere that make Spaniards having a rest. :unsure:

Before the WITC I was afflicted owing to Toni

Going on comments by posters, it sounds like Raga was well in control until the last part of the event, and Bou, who won the event on the night was totally on the edge, taking spectacular, but big risks.

Even if he does ride all the events I don't think he will take Raga's indoor title this year, but it would make the series more exciting for the spectator.

Not much mention of Fajardo.

Bou was certianly in control on his qualifying lap.

He won the qualifying easily, and rode spectacularly throughout, he was also the nearest to getting through the section which all the riders dropped 5 on in the final since he made it furthest up that step.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

my new question about Toni... (probably I become his fan) <_<

Watching Marseille Indoor on our local TV channel I had heard that Toni Bou was already invited for all the 12 events of the Championship. Does anyone know for sure is it true?

If so it would be perfect!