Twenty Years Old

ludde

since there has been a little bit of silence in the honda department i thought i'd give you some eyecandy.

just changed the engine oil and checked the rotor and clutch.

i smell a little bit of oil in the exhausts then starting cold, anyone have a clue what it could be or is it standard on these bikes?

post-937-1137008435.jpg

post-937-1137008445.jpg

Edited by Ludde

oh...i allmost forgot that have to show you the rest of the inhabitants in the garage :beer:

bikespace, i cleaned up before the photo, it was a real mess with oil puddles everywhere...i didn't mean to make you upset :D

post-937-1137009064.jpg

post-937-1137009074.jpg

Edited by Ludde

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ludde:

Just noticed what city you are from. Wondering if you know the whereabouts of Jonny Andersson??? We used to be quite good friends back in the late 80's when we both lived in the USA. I have not heard from him in years, but I do know that he used to live in the same city as you do now!

Cheers, Steve

Yes TLR's have been a bit thin on the ground, here's a pic from about 2002 when i had just finished the 250. It has a RTL bottom end which ,i think makes it quite rare?. Its due for a re-furb again when funds allow. Sorry if the quality is a bit poor i had to scan them in.

post-900-1138133362.jpg

post-900-1138133415.jpg

Hello everyone!

ferretflasher, thanks for keeping me updated. It's just sad that there is about 40 cm of snow here and the ground is frozen so there won't be any riding in a couple of weeks.

Steve, I do know Jonny. He and my dad used to do alot of training together, not that my dad was up to Jonny's standard, but he stop riding when I was about 10-12 years old (23 now) because I think he had problem with he's shoulders and knees. He had a very physical riding style, think he wore himself out.

After that he did a little bit of roadracing for some years, then he and his dad introduced crosscart here in Sweden. Last time I talked to him he had his own team of 50cc roadracers that he competes with in Sweden and around Europe.

Jonny tested my 4RT and said that it would be is next trials bike but I have not seen him on one yet, I don't think he got the time.

BTW, any of you chaps have problem on your TLRs with massive clutch slip when engaging in 2nd gear and some revs. It's like "here's drag...nothing happens...no...maybe...no...no...BANG!!!" and I have to concentrate not to fall of the bike :)

James111089's comment about riding both bikes at the same time made me laugh.

Recently a friend of mine asked why I had two bikes, saying, "you can only ride one at time". Of course, I had to remind her that she owned two horses....Waited a long time for that set-up!

Ludde:

thanks for the info on Jonny! Boy, you are making me feel really old when you say he is friends with your dad! I had heard about him getting into the "cartcross". I would very much like to get a hold of him after all these years! Do you possibly have an email address for him?? If you see him, tell him an old friend has some incriminating video of him singing "Twist and Shout" with two other "shady" characters! He will know who it is right away! Any help would be great!

Cheers, Steve