2012 EVO 300 buying advice please

ar22

I have been offered a 2012 evo 300 by a friend for what seems good value to me

its in excellent condition and has done very little in the last 5 years

tyres are good, all bearings etc are fine

it wont idle well but a good carb clean should cure that as it hasnt ran for about 2 years so not a big worry

were these a good bike ? and do they have any big issues before I confirm I'm taking it 

whats the power delivery like ? 

thanks 

4 hours ago, copemech said:

.300 is a torque pig as  compared to your 125, may or may not be your cuppa!

I have decided to buy it, at £1600 I had to. See attached pic and thats it covered in dust 

its for my 17 year old son who is moving from a 125 so it will be a baptism of fire but he is 14 stone and still growing

hes also a motocrosser too so the beta will be timid compared to a 250f 

reading all the forums everyone always says buy on condition and this is in excellent condition and only 2 owners from new and the 2nd one who has had it for years, never rode in a trial on it. 

to now 170 people have read the thread and nobody has come back and said this and that breaks or look for this etc so I'm now happy they are a good reliable bike 

it can be tamed a bit with a slow action throttle or maybe a base gasket. He only rides occasionally and only for a bit of fun, the power we will just call character.

I can always sell it but I doubt I will. 

thanks for all the replies 

beta 300.jpeg

I've had an EVO 2012 250 from new....Never had a problem with it ( touch wood) always starts first or second kick..

IMHO..you can normally tell if a Beta has a had a bit of a hard time if the bash plate is bent..The one in the photo looks like it isn't.?

3 hours ago, taylo63 said:

I've had an EVO 2012 250 from new....Never had a problem with it ( touch wood) always starts first or second kick..

IMHO..you can normally tell if a Beta has a had a bit of a hard time if the bash plate is bent..The one in the photo looks like it isn't.?

yes its pretty straight 

cant wait to get it home