Air box protector?

boner

21 minutes ago, boner said:

Could any one tell me what the air box protector is for (other than protecting the air box) from H&R racing?

How does the protector work?

Thanks.

tt is for making money by the company that sells them ......I have one that fits over the part of my wallet that opens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, boner said:

Could any one tell me what the air box protector is for (other than protecting the air box) from H&R racing?

How does the protector work?

Thanks.

post a picture. I think it allows more air in but not sure which one you are referring to, unless the poster above does??

Went to have a look at the pic again and it popped up with a description: fills the gap between the mudguard and air filter on the underside of the bike.

Stops the crap squeezing through the small gap and lodging in that annoying bit behind the air box - my words not theirs!

I had been wondering about putting a bead of silicone along there to act as an ingress barrier. May yet give it a go and post the results. If it doesn’t work peal it off. Saves £15!

Boner.

Duct tape does the same job. Better name would be crap deflector, but oni nou would’nt want one of those on his wallet. Hey I thought your wallet had no openings, any money (folding type) being sewn in at manufacture. He doesnt even like letting thecsir out of his tyres let alone disturbing his wallet?

Edited by section swept
spelling error
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, section swept said:

Duct tape does the same job. Better name would be crap deflector, but oni nou would’nt want one of those on his wallet. Hey I thought your wallet had no openings, any money (folding type) being sewn in at manufacture. He doesnt even like letting thecsir out of his tyres let alone disturbing his wallet?

I haven't really got a wallet ....who needs a wallet when you never spend any money.....everything I have including my trials bikes is made from bits of plastic that I find in the sea and I power the motors that I found in skips on methane from cows bottoms........ all the decals to posh them up are cut out of old magazines and stuck on with jam scraped from the bottom of old jars.....jet washing is a no no for obvious reasons.

Edited by oni nou
  • Haha 4

Boner I, have used one for several years , It serves two purposes , one, is to help mud ,etc. from entering  the top of the air box and two ,  it supports the rear fender ( mudguard ) in the exact position where you seem to sit when fighting for grip with both feet down . Without it ,the fender will flex quite a bit and will eventually fracture !! I highly recommend one and the cost will perhaps save you a rear fender in the long run !! cheers Geeman

5 hours ago, oni nou said:

I haven't really got a wallet ....who needs a wallet when you never spend any money.....everything I have including my trials bikes is made from bits of plastic that I find in the sea and I power the motors that I found in skips on methane from cows bottoms........ all the decals to posh them up are cut out of old magazines and stuck on with jam scraped from the bottom of old jars.....jet washing is a no no for obvious reasons.

Hmmm.... some novel ideas there for saving money and recycling?‍♀️??‍♂️. There is quite a large amount of Hypalon ??‍♂️and inflatable ??‍♀️plastic in the sea, more so than normal for the time of year. I super glue square blocks of rubber cut from discarded lorry tyres onto my smooth Dunlop Trials Universals, although the casing is a bit perished and hard....this buggers up my bunny hop?, wheelie, reverse flip??‍♀️, stoppie endo....but hey the grip? is phenominal???

• Like 1