Montesa 4rt mapping switch????

fantic240motor

I have a 260 4rt 2016 and would appreciate other owners thoughts and experience with this switch. 

I hoped the switch would soften the motor with an option for more grunt if needed. I was led to believe the switch was more effective on these bikes than some others as it controlled the fuel injection.

I tried the switch in both settings back to back while practicing sections yesterday in the dry but can't seem to notice any immediate difference to power delivery. 

Did you add the switch or did it come with it?  According to what I understand only some of the throttle bodies can take advantage of the switch.  So if you added the switch you might have a version that dose not supports it?

I can say that on my Montesa 300RR the switch makes a noticeable change but I am not sure I can compare that to a 260 with a switch.  

Also, the largest difference would be on an after market programmable unit where you pick the two maps yourself.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

Did you add the switch or did it come with it?  According to what I understand only some of the throttle bodies can take advantage of the switch.  So if you added the switch you might have a version that dose not supports it?

I can say that on my Montesa 300RR the switch makes a noticeable change but I am not sure I can compare that to a 260 with a switch.  

Also, the largest difference would be on an after market programmable unit where you pick the two maps yourself.  

the 300rr is noticeable at the top end.

I have tried many maps on the 250 and unless you have a big contrast it is difficult to tell unless you do proper back to back tests -  I also  think the brain compensates for the reaction of the bike so can mask the actual effect of the map

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 4:14 PM, jimmyl said:

the 300rr is noticeable at the top end.

I have tried many maps on the 250 and unless you have a big contrast it is difficult to tell unless you do proper back to back tests -  I also  think the brain compensates for the reaction of the bike so can mask the actual effect of the map

On my 2017 300RR I can actually feel a difference even at the low end as well as the top, though very subtle.  And yes if I ride it even for a little bit in one setting or the other it isn't as noticeable as going back and forth several times quickly to compare the difference and I would also account that for the brain compensating.  

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 11:15 AM, fantic240motor said:

It's factory fitted jonnyc21, standard in 2016.

I tested the handlebar switch and it is working.

I don't really mind the fact I can't notice a significant difference, just wondered if it should be noticeable or is it so subtle it makes little difference!

I think as above it may or may not be easy depending on conditions to tell so not a big deal if you don't notice it.  I will add that in my experience the more I ride a bike the better I get at telling the difference in little things like adjustment of lever position, map switch setting, bar position, etc. so at some point when your riding you may begin to notice the difference in the setting, or maybe not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1