Jump to content

Wufdog

Update on my first sy250 with $&@k’d up Slave.

Recommended Posts

Soo first I’d like to thank everyone who helped this novice mechanic figure out some stuff. After a month of waiting and trying to figure out how to get the actuator out which was surprisingly easy once it was explained, I believe I’ve fixed her.  For the price of a cable actuator from the hell team in Australia.  Would have been on the bike already with no issues if scorpa didn’t dick around and go hydraulic!!!!  

Good news is. It’s still hydraulic.  And thanks to China for making weird **** that costs 12$ USA.  I need to fill the engine with motul transoil tomorrow and some coolant and see if my fix works.  So far I can’t see why it wouldn’t!  

 

Brief explanation of what I’ve done and my mildly insane way of thinking.  

 

1.  Get actuator arm then freak out because there is no room for it with the mid exhaust shape.  

2. Freak out a bit because I haven’t a clue what I’m doing and think I need to tear down entire engine to get new actuator installed. Thankfully that wasn’t the case. It was quite simple.  No issues and no loss of small ball bearing with the pushrod. 

3. Contact multiple people for possible welding of mid exhaust after planning on cutting it to make room for actuator.  Final decision on that was mark the room needed with a black marker.  Take to lawn which is softer than a workbench and beat with my #2 bronze mallet till it fit. 

4 attach 12$ part.  Pics to follow. Mess with washers and stuff so it won’t fall out. Fill line with fluid. Test.  Adjust some more. Yell a bit at it with some not so nice words. Then cut some part of it so it fits. And connect to actuator. Pull lever.  Presto!!!!  Works visually so far. Tomorrow will tell. 

5 post a 5 part post about what you did then add some pics. 

 

Video wont upload of the hymec style hydraulic pull rod conversion part from China. But the pics are there. It’s not perfect but the bike would have been scrap and I didn’t pay much for it because of the slave ordeal. So if anyone else has a bike that they just want running and have no other ideas this is what I’ve done. It’s hack but I’m strangely proud of my old ass.  

 

Thank you you everyone who replied to my other post of me asking for help.  It’s much appreciated. 

BC7D1E46-F4ED-4D6B-8FEE-0E2014DB404B.jpeg

53148A50-BF81-44D9-8F4F-F69EEF68B22C.jpeg

1453E9E6-1A61-4246-AB37-578AE411C864.jpeg

E1B63452-1AB6-47C8-B44C-7B32D043EA5D.jpeg

9BFD9E69-B12E-4B9A-B729-E9D596594500.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 
 
 

Thanks for noticing the sprocket. Now that it’s operational. (Has to adjust a bit this morning but now it’s all good.) I’ll look into replacing other things. 

 

Pretty happy and and wow what a work out.  Also shorts not such a good idea lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...