Scott

dabber

In the Scott it's so easy to miss a flag, a turn or a section. When your travelling at standard time kind of pace, a glance in the wrong direction looking for the next flag can mean you've missed a turn, which appears is what Jack has done.

The section he has missed, he can't have been more than 5 meters away, but while hard on the power, clicking up through the gears, keeping the front end down and reading the ground, a lot of distance has passed in those few seconds and he's probably picked the flags up that were leaving the section to rejoin the course.

It's happened to many riders over the years. Jack had it in the bag, and other than a momentary mistake it was a good year for him, that kind of pace and brilliant observation score will certainly have the others worried.

• Like 1

I may be wrong but the section was in a location similar to where Grimbo missed one a few years bike, time gained would have been probably less than two miutes.

To say after someone accidentally missed a section and was excluded but looking at the results would have won, accepting the result, is not sour grapes @faussy just saying it's much more if only.....so when was the last time you rode the scott @faussy?

Edited by nigel dabster

39 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

To say after someone accidentally missed a section and was excluded but looking at the results would have won, accepting the result, is not sour grapes @faussy just saying it's much more if only.....so when was the last time you rode the scott @faussy?

Don't need to have ridden the scott. Its a trial, and ive ridden 100s, including timed events.

If i hadn't of knocked that marker out
If i didn't go the wrong way in that section
If that observer didn't give me a 5 for a stop
If i didn't get that puncture

All in the name of the game! They count the winners at the checker flag, not at half time, or half race distance, or minus this section. Job NOT done!!

Edited by faussy

15 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

He didnt "break the rules" and to glibly criticise someone who has actually ridden the scott unlike you and me, could have won but made a simple error, is disingenuous

in the extreme.

He obviously broke the rules in some form to warrant disqualification. And im not criticising JP, he obviously rode well, and yes, he could have, very unlucky and his comments on his ride were spot on. Im critising the comment made by GGUK, i felt it was disrespectful.

Edited by faussy

Back in the day, you could miss a section and be penalised 50, Miss 2 and you were out. Riders in the hunt for standard time would deliberately flout the rule to jump queues to gain a few valuable minutes.

It wasn't until maybe the last 30-40 years or so that, the miss 1 section rule and you're out was introduced. Fair enough to me but I've (touch wood) not been in that situation. 

It would be a bitter pill to swallow whether you're going for the win or a finishers certificate. Jack will be back more determined than ever to get his name on the trophy 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1