Oset 20 Lipo LifePO4 Pack

Yrocmoto

Since that's just cutting out with the one installed, it will most likely be fine when you hook them both up as you'll have twice the max amp draw than you do now, and that's what's tripping the Oset controller into safety mode.

Edited by Yrocmoto

10 hours ago, Yrocmoto said:

Since that's just cutting out with the one installed, it will most likely be fine when you hook them both up as you'll have twice the max amp draw than you do now, and that's what's tripping the Oset controller into safety mode.

@Yrocmoto So if I have 2 - 50 amp batteries in parallel, then I'd have the capability of 100 amp draw? Thanks for the insight. I'll give that a try and update this post. It may be a couple weeks. Pretty busy schedule up until next week. 

35 minutes ago, tcarreon14 said:

@Yrocmoto So if I have 2 - 50 amp batteries in parallel, then I'd have the capability of 100 amp draw? Thanks for the insight. I'll give that a try and update this post. It may be a couple weeks. Pretty busy schedule up until next week. 

That's right, and it was questionable that 100amps was enough, but I haven't had any issues with mine.  Oset says it can draw up to 150amps for just an instant, so 50amps is pretty low for these bikes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 2:02 PM, tcarreon14 said:

@Yrocmoto Thanks for the info on running the two BTR 48v10ah batteries in parallel. I just tried it today and took it for a quick test ride and it works like a champ! I'll just need to make some straps to tie down the batteries. Here is a pic of the batteries on the 20" oset. @billhilly 

Oset24v10ahBTR.thumb.JPG.9a6914d2cb6de3e2e6bd9293e55a634b.JPG

So then this is good with 2? I had a old small one that would open when my son got on it to hard and I want to get him something better. I went to order the other 48v one before realizing you guys discovered it was too big... do you have any issues with the bike shutting down? What battery’s did you end up getting? Thanks 

@Kris987 Yes. Running 2 - 48v 10ah work excellent. Haven't had any issues with the batteries shutting down. Originally when running a single battery we did, but once we added the second on parallel no issues what so ever. As you can see, they fit with room to spare. I did purchase a roll of velcro and velcro'd the batteries together and locked them down to the frame. He is loving the new setup. He get's about 3 hours runtime.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPykZwXA-IC/

1 hour ago, tcarreon14 said:

@Kris987 Yes. Running 2 - 48v 10ah work excellent. Haven't had any issues with the batteries shutting down. Originally when running a single battery we did, but once we added the second on parallel no issues what so ever. As you can see, they fit with room to spare. I did purchase a roll of velcro and velcro'd the batteries together and locked them down to the frame. He is loving the new setup. He get's about 3 hours runtime.

Bitchen, do you guys ever ride with sac pits ? 
when you charge you just disconnect abs charge then individual? 

10 minutes ago, tcarreon14 said:

@Kris987  We live out in Discovery Bay, Ride Carnegie, He does to the Sac Raceway Friday nights races. As for charging, yes we charge them individually. I use the XT90 Parallel connector to run them parallel. Pretty simple setup.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0878QDT1H/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_CMBM3PPDX416ZAKE7Q2P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

We did the sac raceway a couple times. Check out sac pits if he enjoys trials at all, there’s a few guys from discovery Bay that ride in the group. Looks like the cheapest I found those batteries for was about $240 each does that sound about right? Thank you for your help

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 10:29 AM, tcarreon14 said:

Well I just mine all hooked up, from a. Dead stop turned all the way open it auto dies and shuts down.... I turned down the response and it was fine, gotta have him ride it till it’s dead and see what it does. Battery’s said they were full charge but I only saw 52.8 volts...

• 2 weeks later...

@Kris987 so you installed 2 - 48v 10ah batteries? what kind of connector did you use? I used the XT90 connectors with a parallel connector cable and it works with no issues. I weigh about 170lbs and can ride it with all settings set to full. My son is 10 and weighs about 70lbs, We have some neighbor kids that ride it. They are 12 and 13 and have no issues. Are you still having issues? 

1 minute ago, tcarreon14 said:

@Kris987 so you installed 2 - 48v 10ah batteries? what kind of connector did you use? I used the XT90 connectors with a parallel connector cable and it works with no issues. I weigh about 170lbs and can ride it with all settings set to full. My son is 10 and weighs about 70lbs, We have some neighbor kids that ride it. They are 12 and 13 and have no issues. Are you still having issues? 

Yeah I used everything you sent. I solders the cables and did everything. From a dead stop full throttle it opens even with my 50lbs son on it. I just turned down the response almost all the way abs then running the power about 5/8-3-4 and it works great. He started at 9 am and rode till 430 probably only taking about 2-3 hours or break and left the thing on for 45 minutes of it. 

5 minutes ago, tcarreon14 said:

@Kris987 sounds like it's running on one battery. I had that issue. It was a bad solder on my part. The wire came off on one battery, but being that it was running in parallel it continued to run, but batter would cut out. Double check your connections.  

I didn’t even think about that because when he drains the battery I put them both on the charger and they both took a charge. But I didn’t stand there watching them so it’s possible one of them was still charged. I’ll have to check it with the multi meter sense I would assume one should be holding a higher voltage if it’s only running off one