Oset 20 Lipo LifePO4 Pack

Yrocmoto

9 hours ago, Yrocmoto said:

Did a quick search and this looks like what I got, check the dimensions to make sure it will fit, I will double check mine when I get some time.  Mine is 48v 20AH LifePO4, but they come in a couple different dimensions.

Lifepo4 Pack

Also, we did a 22 mile ride in the desert, I thought we'd get stranded when I saw that we were at 11 miles and still needed to make it back, but it made it.  My meter said she consumed 15.85ah, but I've been reading that the meter I use may be inaccurate for the accumulated ah, but I've found it to work for us and seems pretty consistent.

Hi yrocmoto could you do a test on the bike for me as id like to buy one of the battery's, can you put the bike on full power settings and do some full throttle tests little pop wheelys and stuff, my battery used to trip out pretty easy, but it wasn't as expensive as that one so it was probably the bms rating thanks. 

I weigh 170lbs and it does not cut out when I ride it.  I can power wheelie, jump and hop logs and obstacles.  It's incredible the zip the Oset has even with an adult.  The only time I've had it cut out was when it gets to the end of the battery, but that's after hours of riding, so it is a good battery so far.

• 3 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 7:24 AM, Gerquant said:

Thank you very much, I hope I can get one delivered to Belgium in Europe (;-)

Hoi, 

Heb je ondertussen al een battery pack gekocht?

Indien niet samen kopen?

Grts

Gilles

• 5 months later...

I just bought the BTRPower 48v18Ah Lithium Lifepo4 Battery.  The connectors were packaged separately so I had to use a gun and shrink wrap to connect it.

The 20.0 OSET runs good.  I have a golf cart controller and limited deck space.  So the largest battery that fit was the 18Ah or amperage hours.  Correct me if I am wrong but I heard voltage gives speed and amperage gives power? In any case it performs decent enough.  It seemed to recharge in as little of time as it took me to ride it on hills, which surprised me. I think the manufacturer or someone somewhere stated the battery improves after a few charge cycles? 

It is good enough and the $300 price cannot be beat.  I will post if anything else develops.

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 7:37 PM, Yrocmoto said:

Did a quick search and this looks like what I got, check the dimensions to make sure it will fit, I will double check mine when I get some time.  Mine is 48v 20AH LifePO4, but they come in a couple different dimensions.

Lifepo4 Pack

Also, we did a 22 mile ride in the desert, I thought we'd get stranded when I saw that we were at 11 miles and still needed to make it back, but it made it.  My meter said she consumed 15.85ah, but I've been reading that the meter I use may be inaccurate for the accumulated ah, but I've found it to work for us and seems pretty consistent.

@Yrocmoto Which seller did you purchase from?
Did you get this one
 48v20Ah : 220*150*175mm    8.9kg
Also, what gauge did you end up adding and where can I find that?

Thanks

24 minutes ago, tcarreon14 said:

@Yrocmoto Which seller did you purchase from?
Did you get this one
 48v20Ah : 220*150*175mm    8.9kg
Also, what gauge did you end up adding and where can I find that?

Thanks

I bought mine from https://www.ebay.com/str/richshop10, it's the 48V 20ah LiFepo-4, BUT I'm not 100% sure that one has the same dimensions as the original listing that I bought mine from is gone and my receipt from eBay doesn't show any of the specs.  I didn't use any additional wire, I just changed the connector on the Oset to the XT60, might be worth using an XT90, but I haven't had any issues.

I used 12gauge wire on my little Razor bike project, and I'd probably go 10 gauge if I did it again, I can feel the wire get warm when I push it for a long time, and I melted a connector.

@Yrocmoto  Looking at richshop10's site, I see the 48V10AH and that will fit but would like a 20ah looks like the current one they have listed is too long at over 10". The storage compartment on my 20.0R Oset seems to be 7 7/8" x 8 1/2"
I just sent him a note to see if he can make a 20ah that will fit. We'll see how it goes. 

Here's my eBay order info, maybe you can send him this and he can look it up??

My Pack is 5.5x8.5x7 and is literally a perfect fit on the Oset 20 tray.  Even the stock Oset cover fits and holds the battery perfectly.

Order number: 19-04578-82384

Item ID: 123191554222

Edited by Yrocmoto

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 10:39 AM, tcarreon14 said:

@Yrocmoto  Looking at richshop10's site, I see the 48V10AH and that will fit but would like a 20ah looks like the current one they have listed is too long at over 10". The storage compartment on my 20.0R Oset seems to be 7 7/8" x 8 1/2"
I just sent him a note to see if he can make a 20ah that will fit. We'll see how it goes. 

@tcarreon14, were you able to get richshop10 to sell a 48v20ah pack that fits the Oset 20.0?  

Yea, they can make it but the turn around time is something like 3 months. Or maybe I am confusing them with another battery company. My son's 20'R has the same dimensions as @billhilly stated. I purchased this 48v 20ah based on the dimensions in the pic, unfortunately those were for the LifePO4 48v 10AH. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HRQF1GG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or you can reach out to Steve at thumbsuptrials@yahoo.com he is working on having specifically made battery packs. Here is an email I just received Monday.

As you know i am a Boost battery dealer and have sold the Boost kit to many satisfied customers over the past several years, but this year, 2021, Boost had a substantial cost increase as well as shipping cost increases and the factory in China has seen some shortages in parts slowing the building of the Boost kits.
Due to all of the above i started looking into building a OSET conversion lithium battery pack here in the US, using as many parts sourced from the US to help with the ever changing Asian parts and product market and the high cost and slow turnaround of shipping from China.
The company i am working with is local to me, here in Utah, with experience in the lithium battery technology.
We took the best ideas from the lithium battery technology fields and started putting them into an easily made, dependable and serviceable lithium battery pack specific for use in the OSET electric bikes. 
We are in the final phases of development and testing of 2 options of lithium upgrades for the OSET's.

Option 1;
Designed to be a direct plug and play package for the OSET 12.5 and 16R, 24 and 36 volt bikes.
This kit looks like the SLA batteries that come stock in the OSET's other than they will be lithium with all of the lithium features, long life, longer run time, fast charge times, less weight and at a price point that will be very comparable to the SLA battery systems in cost over the life of the lithium battery kit.
This system is in the field being tested with final field results expected by the the middle of May and production to begin as early as this month.

Option 2;
This option is being designed for the larger OSET bikes that are ridden by the more advanced riders that want more run time, additional power in a totally redesigned quality power plant for the OSET 16R, 20R and 24R (24R pack will be available in the 48v/17.5ah and 52v/30ah kits) bikes.

These lithium power kits are being designed and built with the following improvements;
High drain grade A cells.
250 amp capable with zero discharge heat.
Energy friendly internal smart management system and balance controller.
Water proof, up to 5 meters.
Encapsulated closed cell foam impact guard.
Fireproof.
Fall resistant from 15 feet.
Heat and sub zero temperature tolerant.
Single connection port for charge and discharge.
5x faster charging time.
10 year life expectancy.
3 year total warranty.
Battery reserve, allowing the rider to switch to reserve mode and limp back to the pits, camp or home.
Component replacement rather than whole kit replacement if something should go wrong.
USA made, components, support, repair.

The other part of the improved OSET lithium system that has been looked at from day one is to make a better lithium kit at a better price point to the customer than is currently available though the Boost kits.
At this time, the cost estimates are at slightly below Boost current costs, with final costs to be determined as the product is in the final completed form.

While the option 2 is going to be an amazing upgrade for the OSET bikes, it has taken more time to source high quality US components and develop, moving the production time frame back a month.

I know it has been a long wait for a lithium upgrade kit for your OSET bike and we are still out at least 3 to 6 weeks on getting product to you.

If you would like to get on the list for the Boost battery order i will be placing (with enough interest) by the end of the week, May 15,  let me know by responding to this email.

For the Boost order please specify what OSET you need a Boost battery kit for and if it is the 24R bike, which amp hour kit you would like.

Pricing for the Boost kit;
36v/18ah, $720
48v/18ah, $860
48(52)v/30ah, $1250

Plus shipping to you.

Thanks
Steve
Thumbs Up Trials

Great intel.  Thanks, @tcarreon14.  In the interim, I'm thinking that I can parallel two of those 48v10ah packs in you link to bring it up to a 20ah battery.  If the dimensions are true as shown, both packs should fit by stacking them on their broadest side.  And the total weight should still be about 9 lbs. less than the lead acid battery.

funny you should mention that. I have a pair of the 48v10ah that are scheduled to arrive today from Fedex. I was originally planning on running them as a single pack just for around the house and swapping the batteries out, but I could run them in parallel for longer ride times. I'll let ya know how they fit.

FYI the 48v20ah was too big, I was able to stand it up and connect it, but the width was too big to be able to put the side covers on. So they ended up swapping that for the 2 48v10ah.

Ok, I ended up installing the 48v 10ah 50A BMS battery. The good, they last a long time my son has been riding it for a couple hours and has been great. The bad, when you turn up all the knobs and twist the throttle and draw a lot of current the battery shuts off until you reset. To reset, you just need to flip the oset switch to off then back on and you are back in business. He has been able to make due with it and run it, He is about 62lbs and able to pull wheelies and enjoy the bike, but when I try to get on it and pull wheelies, the battery will shut down. I can ease the throttle and cruise it and it works, for the younger lighter kids this seems to be an alternative but will not be able to get the full benefits. I thought I purchased the battery in the link, but they ended up sending me the larger battery that was 10.2". I contacted them about the shipping error and they said they no longer stock that battery. So they ended up shipping me two 48v 10a 50amp batteries. These batteries fit if you stack them, you can run them in parallel and get killer run time, but for now, I have installed one battery and let him rip it around the neighborhood. He has been loving it. Now I have a spare battery and the big 48v 20ah that I can squeeze in if I stand it up, but I cannot install the plastic panels that cover the battery compartment. I guess I can take the battery apart and reconfigure it to fit the compartment. Any ideas if I can change the BMS to a higher amp rating?
61ZOlX6E70L._AC_SL1500_.jpg