Betaireland

Rev 3 no spark

Beta rev 3 no spark bike cut out when out riding got it home no spark removed flywheel cover to find water around flywheel anyone any ideas what could be stopping from sparking

Stator, common problem with the rev 3's but saying that iv'e had 5 and never had a problem

• Thanks 1

I tested the ignition circuit in the bike this evening as I seen on another post that I should get roughly 300k ohms when I resistance tested the circuit I got I ie open circuit so stator is no good anyone know where a new stator can be got cheers

Edited by Betaireland

Try Bradford ignitions over in Cornwall (google them). Pop the stator in the post and it comes back rewound & sorted. Did my evo stator a while ago & perfect job (can’t remember cost though but cheaper than a new replacement).

Steve has just done a stator for my 200 Evo, £125 which included return postage. Needless to say the bike runs perfectly now so all sorted. A new Evo stator is about £140 so it does work out cheaper to get it rewound and Steve's work is top quality. 

Hope you get yours sorted... 

Your choice of course but I would get your existing one rewound rather than buy a new one. The quality of Beta stators is dubious at best and in my opinion a rewound one will probably last longer and not give you any more trouble.