Model 49 rebuild project

Ian T

Those look gorgeous, Andy!  Really came out beautifully.  One of the best attributes of the old Bultacos was all of that polish-ready bare aluminum componentry... and when done to perfection - as your wheels are - no other bike is nearly as eye catching, in my opinion.  Of course, once you have your bike looking so breathtakingly stunning... you may become a slave to maintaining that shine and never want to actually ride it!

Please keep the pics coming.  Looking forward to watching your continued progress! 

Cheers!

Christian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks vintagenut.im really pleased with them. Original rims have a few war wounds but I’m happy to leave them as patina. 
one thing I do need is a right hand fork Bottom. Had the tubes ground and chromed by Philpots.Right hand one was scrap as far as I was concerned but Philpots did a blinding job on them. Unfortunately the right hand slider is really worn. Might have to get it sleeved if I can’t find another. 
Andy

4A8FAD39-CD48-4851-AE30-09697D56C375.jpeg