Jump to content



Recommended Posts


Depends on the bike and if you have a sympathetic MOT station.  You need a signed bill of sale, and proof that VAT was paid on the bike when it was sold new (a NOVA certificate I think) ... the latter is reasonably easy on a common model of classic bike if you get in contact with the relevant owner's register, I guess with a new-ish bike you'd have to talk to the official UK importer and you might need an EU certificate of conformity too.  Also, I think copies of clear photos of the bike are required.  Then you fill out the relevant form, get a V5, and buy a number plate.

I'd suggest looking up how this is done on google though, just to be on the safe side.

As for the bike itself, you can get a daytime MOT on a classic as long as you have a legal number plate (mildly undersize or flexible might be ok with some MOT stations) and an electric horn fitted - I used a battery powered one for kid's bicycles when I was in the UK.  Modern bikes might need other things, but that's outside of my knowledge!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...