Free Acu Licence's For Club Organisers

atomant

As a club organiser, we put on 5 trials a year and raise a decent sum in funds for the ACU. Ok, some goes in insurance but all of it dont.

Like most clubs, The Chairman & myself dont take any expenses and I was thinking that as we provide a source of funds to the ACU that wouldnt otherwise be there if we didnt organise trials, it would be good if we got something back in return.

I'm not asking for much and the yearly registration fee being paid would be rather nice I reckon for all senior officials of a club down to a certain level.

What do other organisers think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some, that was the case in 2005.

I, as a National Clerk of the Course & Steward, and my wife as a club secretary got free registration last year.

It only happened for one year though and I agree it ought to continue and be available for senior club officials.

For some, that was the case in 2005.

I, as a National Clerk of the Course & Steward, and my wife as a club secretary got free registration last year.

It only happened for one year though and I agree it ought to continue and be available for senior club officials.

How did that work then? I dont know anyone who got a free licence last year?

All licenced officials get a free "licence", it is not as we say a licence tho, trials is not a licenced sport as per ACU.

However affiliation to the ACU will still cost ya a tener.

whats a tenner a year?

Think of the benefits.

Dont start asking me the benefits, ask your club !!!!

I make that one hell of a lot of free affiliation to the ACU, I'd say we have 20+ regular organisers in our club alone.

Im suggesting that a few of the senior officials. chairman, secretary, clerks of the course etc.. it could be done on how much revenue your club provides to the ACU. After the main officials then more would be eligible pro rata ?

All licenced officials get a free "licence", it is not as we say a licence tho, trials is not a licenced sport as per ACU.

However affiliation to the ACU will still cost ya a tener.

whats a tenner a year?

Think of the benefits.

Dont start asking me the benefits, ask your club !!!!

Affilation of a tenner? exactly, so if thats paid for out of the hundreds of pounds we provide as a club then thats sounds reasonable.

We have 5 C of C's with national licences, at least a dozen or more with Centre ones. We have 3 secretaries & then there's the ty & small wheel organisers. Our Club pays affiliation for non-riding workers. ( or has done some years) Quite a lot of our officials also receive honorarium.

Edited by PERCE

I must admit Atom on this occasion I don't agree.

It's a paltry sum from a few, but adds up to a fair amount overall for the ACU. They'd have to find it elsewhere.

I'm forever sceptical, but it would be another way for some people to get a free ride without specifically targetting the workers.

We would have to give it to:

Jean (Secretary, and CofC and non-rider)

Me (CofC, Sound Official, Centre/National Steward)

Elwyn (Chairman, CofC, Sound Official, Centre/National Steward)

Alec (CofC, Centre/National Steward, Coach, First Aid)

Darren (CofC, Centre/National Steward)

Gillian (CofC, Centre/National Steward, Coach, First Aid)

Eddie (Worker ;))

Flash (Treasurer, CofC and non-rider most the time)

Inky (CofC, Centre/National Steward and non-rider)

Simon Graham (CofC, H&S, and not insignificantly controls half a million acres of our best trials land :P )

Probably missed off people and definitely roles or quals, but who deserves a free licence and who doesn't?

Or....as I would say if we were talking direct ...Ian...That's a **** idea :D

Or....as I would say if we were talking direct ...Ian...That's a **** idea :P

as usual on these forums. Everyone wants to form a queue and knock ideas when put forward. Whether its a good idea or not, its an idea.. and ideas are sadly lacking in trials thats why its 10+ years behind civilisation. Or maybe thats how people like it and want to keep it that way.. ???