Noisy Fan - Aftermarket Options?

trippy-taco

Hi,

I'm the proud owner of a 2nd hand 2019 DL 250.

I'm new to the brand and am discovering the fan is a little noisy. I've been told by the importer that this is normal for vertigos. I also know the prior owner and am told this is normal from him as well.

I'm looking at testing some aftermarket options that are quieter.

I want to disrupt the existing wiring loom as little as possible, so I'm looking to acquire some of these connectors so I can test out a few options. Anyone know what they are called or where I can get some?

Regards, David.

896294828_SPALFanconnector.png.4b944901ee749e17816f9240dab20653.png

Edited by trippy-taco

Id say good luck, most likely a TE or molex connector, but trying to find the specific one can be hard. Measuring the spade terminal width and possibly spade pitch could help in narrowing down your search. Email spal and ask them. Have you looked closely for brand markings?

Edited by faussy

Would imagine fan noise is a function of air flow required for effective cooling. 
air flow is a function of diameter and speed - as diameter is going to be fixed by the space available not sure what alternative are going to be available that give same air flow ?

Suppose if you live in a much cooler environment then lower throughout would be ok.

i guess some fan blade designs maybe quieter but seems a lot of effort and cost for no performance gain - £2 ear plugs cheaper ???

• 3 weeks later...