Scorpa Sy Slow Puncture.

scorpa3

Sorry about the title of this one, I couldn't think of a different word for nipples.

Well as you've guessed, my rear tyre is going down due to air escaping from the spoke nipples.

It wasn't a problem on Sunday (luckily) but lost it's full 5psi over 24 hours.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

The rubber band (seal) around the circumference of the wheel is in place but obvioiusly leaking.

Has anyone ever changed one of these? If so, is there a certain way?

Thanks for your help on this.

Been mentioned quite a bit. I'd use the search facility and do some digging. Dabster is the man to ask. There's a comprehensive guide on Ryan Youngs Sherco site too. I suspect you'll need to replace the rim tape. If your doing that then I'd get the wheels powder coated aat the same time!!

It can be a pain the first time but it's not hard really.

I did one recently; I fitted new rimtape even though old one appears perfectly servicable. I just looked carefully at how it worked before tearing it apart and put it back together carefully after cleaning out loads of crud (I think this crud must be what causes the leaks and I think it comes from pressure washing, i.e. gets pushed in through spoke nipples) I think the watchword with this job is cleanliness, and of course lubrication.

take the tyre and rim tape off as well as taking the valve out give all a real good clean and make sure that all spokes are tight, i then put a small amount of grease where rim tape is going to go then put rim tape back on making sure its in the small little grooves at the side of the wheel and then put valve back in and tyre on then blow it up shouldn`t have a problem after that

Coxy is right about the grease. Its the easy way to cure the problem.

Don't even think about fitting a tube unless you like extra hassle when changing tyres and you want less grip! They put tubes in pre 65 bikes, not modern ones.

Coxy is right about the grease. Its the easy way to cure the problem.

Don't even think about fitting a tube unless you like extra hassle when changing tyres and you want less grip! They put tubes in pre 65 bikes, not modern ones.

I've done this in the past to last me a few trials until I get a new tyre but to be honest I'd rather keep pumping this one up for now, it takes 24 hours to go down.

However, I will sort out the problem. The nipples shouldn't leak on a five month old bike. I'm sure I've either damaged the tape or there is some mud etc under it.

I will take a look this weekend. Thanks for all the replies, I wasn't sure if it is acceptable to remove it for cleaning or if a new one should be fitted.