Rev03 Fork Bushes

Inny

Can anybody please advise? My lad's taken his Rev03 forks apart to repair a couple of scratches on the stanchions. Whilst doing this, he's concerned that the fork bushes may need replacing. What do people think? Thanks in advance.

IMG_20210327_162805.jpg

IMG_20210327_163445.jpg

IMG_20210327_163101.jpg

13 minutes ago, carl ekblom said:

The one on the last photo is busted. They are teflon coated and will function (with possible more friction) even if the coating is worn out. .If it were my bike I would replace them all.

Thanks Carl. It's the same bush in the last 2 photos. Having not taken it apart myself, my assumption was that, for this bush, the bearing surface is the inner bore (as opposed to the external diameter of the bush shown in the first photo) and that the external wear was due to it being pressed into its location. I'm no mechanic so stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Now I see....The coating is usually greyish.

The coating on the inside is still there but little worn. The Crapioli forks need every help they can get so I would replace them all. For a very economical work pehaps I would put them back.

Normal forks has the coating on the lower bush on the outside while the upper has on the inside. Must be the opposite on USD-forks

On good forks the lower aluminium leg should have the bore anodized on the inside (not easy to do). Crapiolis are not good forks so I don´t know about them. Anodized aluminium has a very hard, low friction surface. I think Beta nowadays own Crapioli and the forks has become much better.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, carl ekblom said:

Now I see....The coating is usually greyish.

The coating on the inside is still there but little worn. The Crapioli forks need every help they can get so I would replace them all. For a very economical work pehaps I would put them back.

Normal forks has the coating on the lower bush on the outside while the upper has on the inside. Must be the opposite on USD-forks

On good forks the lower aluminium leg should have the bore anodized on the inside (not easy to do). Crapiolis are not good forks so I don´t know about them. Anodized aluminium has a very hard, low friction surface. I think Beta nowadays own Crapioli and the forks has become much better.

Thanks again - much appreciated.