jsp

can anyone tell me where i can buy one of those tools for

wiring grips on, or any method of doing it with out the tool

and will fuse wire work.

i have tried grip glue but i must be ham fisted as i still managed

to loosen them.

whats the best type of grips to fit ?

:hyper:

I've never used the grip glue (until recently). I used to use black tape and you just wrap it around the bar where you are putting your grip. It makes the bar wider, so when you shove on your grip, it can't move because it's so wide. This has always worked for me, but after rebuilting the ty 175, I just bought some of that $10 grip-glue epoxy type stuff and it's ROCK solid. But, I would honestly recomend trying the black tape. Works great :hyper: take care

I think you are looking for safety wire or lock wire pliers. If you type 'safety wire pliers' into e-bay or Google you will see a few options.

Fuse wire isn't really strong enough and as Charlie says you should use stainless aircraft wire.

:hyper: Hi there

You might want to try this. a little trick I learnt while having time out playing golf.( don't laugh some good came from it)While waiting for a grip to be replaced on a club the assistant wrapped double sided masking tape (sticky on both sides) about 25mm wide around the shaft, the length the grip would cover. removing the the top to reveal the sticky surface as he went, takes a bit of practice. now the magic bit. pour a small amount of petrol in to the grip and slosh it about. As mentioned else where no second chances, must commit to get it on all the way first time. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS YOU WON'T HAVE ANY WAR WOUNDS TO SHOW OFF IN THE PUB AFTER THE TRIAL WHERE THE WIRED GRIPS RUB YOUR THUMBS TO THE BONE.

I use dual compound epoxy glue (after a few grips came off in steps which were only with safetywire...). Works well, doesnt dry too fast, but is rock solid. You do however need a knife to remove the grip after this.