Timing Beta Rev 3

paulrev3

I have a Beta rev 3 (2002) can someone tell me the timing settings in Degrees from TDC. Just rebuilt bike - bike is four stroking at 1/2 revs, eliminated carburettor, as tried another, need to eliminate timing/ignition possibilities prior to jumping in and buying a new stator!!!!!!!

Cheers Paul :)B)

If the stator is fitted in the middle of its adjustment slots,the timing will be close enough to eliminate the timing.Check it hasn't sheared the woodruff key on the flywheel.Stator problems can be anything from it not running at all to misfiring or not revving out,can you borrow a stator from another bike?,it needs to be the same year and cc.Don't jast buy another stator.they cost nearly

actually when mine did this I poned JLI and they were fine to post me the new stator and CDI unit to try and then send back what I didn't need. I was well impressed because it was actually my first time using them aswell.

Bob

JLI are really helpful, they didn't charge me labour when they fitted my stator as I was having such bad luck with my bike

Competent auto electrical workshops are usually able to rewind Rev 3 stators successfully and where I live it costs about half the price of a new stator from Beta. Rewind cost is approx $150AU ($110US).

David Lahey

post-1592-1140382977.jpgSet the stator as mentioned in that link. before tightening the flywheel nut up you may find there are a few degrees of slop present between the key, shaft and flywheel. Try turning the flywheel anti-clockwise (keep pressure on kick starter to spin crankshaft in opposite direction) whilst tightening the nut. Otherwise your timing will be advanced beyond what the stator is set to and it wont run so well. Edited by worldtrialchamp