2018 280 RR

vectradam

I think you are talking about a thicker base gasket. A black tube throttle and a 9 tooth counter shaft might help. Also getting the soft setting for the clutch helps too. It`s a fine bike from a build quality stand point, but the front end is just to light for us humans. 

Perfect for the GP riders like Raga.

8 hours ago, vectradam said:

Hi

can a low compression head insert and the thicker head gasket be fitted together. I was advised aginst it

Thanks

As Lineaway mentioned you are probably thinking base gasket. I would hate to dumb down my GG 280 that much as I like the snappy power, but I would be interested in the results and what jetting changes it would need to do both. Probably best to try one first, then if looking for even more tame try the next. Sorry to all those that this offends, the black throttle tube is just too much wrist movement to get a hand full, I feel like a Harley rider pulling out of the gas station trying to use one!

• Like 1

Hi.sorry, i did mean the head spacer, its a 1mm spacer that i have fitted. I did have the low compression head insert  fitted to start with but was advised that the 1mm head spacer was better and that it was inadvisable to fit both the head spacer and the low compression head at the same time. I have read another thread on here that seems to imply that someone has both fitted at the same time.