EVO125 hard to start after stall

Ginettaman

We had our first day out with our bike ( 2021) and my son's are just learning how to use a clutch so they were running around in first gear mainly. One fell off and the other one stalled the engine a few times. The problem we had was the bike often would not start again after it stopped. Have I got a faulty bike as we got very frustrated after spending ages kicking it over to no avail. My first thought was flooding with a 2T but why after it was running ok? We ended up giving up and coming home early sadly. Very frustrated with it.

Yes we have the wrist lanyard and only kick start in neutral. I've had the carb off and cleaned it and checked the jets. All seems ok but found a tiny bit of debris in the carb bottom. Jets all blown through and clean. Also ordered a new spark plug just to try.

• Like 1

Ok thanks, I've taken the carb off and cleaned it finding a tiny bit of debris in the bowl. Jets all clear and blown through and float heights are within spec. New plug also ordered. Fuel is just unleaded pump fuel mixed at 70 to 1 as per Beta recommendations? Inline fuel filter cleaned too so hope it stops letting us down.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:28 PM, Ginettaman said:

Full throttle? Doesn't that make the flooding worse?

Full throttle at cranking speed means the airflow through the carb is too slow to pull any fuel through the jet. So the air just vaporises some of the fuel in the crankcase. It will splutter and smoke for a while, then suddenly clean up and rev properly. Hold the throttle wide open while it is spluttering.

• Like 2