TRS vs Beta - subjective feel differences?

bikerpet

1 hour ago, F5Dave said:

Thanks.

Finally got it on Friday.  Love it so far. Just mucking around on it to bed it in.  Adjusting lever etc.  1.2 hrs.  Rebled front brake as seemed to come in a bit.  Apparently they ship them with bars off in crates so air can get in.  

I've read that grease or anti-seize should go onto the chain adjusters asap to prevent seizures.

I've found my boots rub the left side of the airbox badly, I've tried "helicopter tape" but it wore through quickly. I've now taped 1.5mm rubber sheet over it.

The ridges on the top of the rear guard proved a bit vulnerable - I've heli taped them now.

The scrivets holding the back of the guard fell out fairly quickly so I've now put thin cables tie retainers through them.

The Australian importer suggests 91 octane rather than our crappy 98, and a 4 plug instead of the standard 6. Certainly the 6 fouled quickly, haven't had the 4 in it long enough to know how much better it is.

3 hours ago, bikerpet said:

I've read that grease or anti-seize should go onto the chain adjusters asap to prevent seizures.

My 2017 TRS had a bent chain adjuster that broke off as it had seized in place (I guess the previous owner had forced it).  There is a drain hole under the thread that lets water out - and in.  I would certainly take the opportunity to grease up the threads and the drain if you need to adjust the chain.  The bolt and swinging arm are different metals so you get corrosion as a result.  It is really the only poor design on the bike I have found.