Beta 2019 250 Factory for new rider.

katoom400

Hi Guys, I had posted this in the Sherco forum earlier this week, but the bike I was looking at fell thru which was a 2017 ST300.  

New to trials (coming from many years of Enduro) so don't want to spend a heap on a first bike.  I'm now looking at a 2019 Beta 250 Factory bike and wanted to hear the good and bad of this bike compared to  say a recent model GG250 or 300 which seem to be more available on the used market in my area.

Thanks

I have a beta evo factory 250 2011.

I brought it cheap, 1500 quid, have cleaned it up. changed linkage and swing arm bearings and it's now perfect, have played with the jetting it's now, got plenty of poke, will climb anything and is reliable, the factory has decent suspension both ends, I only buy beta, I find them easy to work on reliable and parts good price,

People say the clutch drags, I put a very thin washer behind the pressure plate and it never sticks,

Coming from enduro you know about maintenance, 

I thought tyres are pricey, till I remembered I paid £70 for a rear michelin in the 80s,lol

2 hours ago, Mwl said:

I have a beta evo factory 250 2011.

I brought it cheap, 1500 quid, have cleaned it up. changed linkage and swing arm bearings and it's now perfect, have played with the jetting it's now, got plenty of poke, will climb anything and is reliable, the factory has decent suspension both ends, I only buy beta, I find them easy to work on reliable and parts good price,

People say the clutch drags, I put a very thin washer behind the pressure plate and it never sticks,

Coming from enduro you know about maintenance, 

I thought tyres are pricey, till I remembered I paid £70 for a rear michelin in the 80s,lol

yeah, I run a Dunlop D803 on my Beta300rr and I thought they were getting expensive at $140USD, The Michelin X-light is 2x the cost here!  I can't image ever needing that tire in my lifetime!

• Like 1

Had a 2020 GG 280 and now a 2010 Evo 290 (Oh the HORROR!)

Even though its a lot older I like it better. Starts easier and the power is more friendly

A 250 Factory would be the bees knees

Someday

Edited by PAULIE
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, PAULIE said:

Had a 2020 GG 280 and now a 2010 Evo 290 (Oh the HORROR!)

Even though its a lot older I like it better. Starts easier and the power is more friendly

A 250 Factory would be the bees knees

Someday

hmmm that's saying a lot to be happier with bike that is a decade older!  Whats better of the Factory edition vs the standard other than the bling?

5 hours ago, katoom400 said:

hmmm that's saying a lot to be happier with bike that is a decade older!  Whats better of the Factory edition vs the standard other than the bling?

I'm not good enough of a rider to notice the age difference :) 

Even a much older bike would suffice but the parts are too hard to obtain now.  

Edited by PAULIE

16 hours ago, PAULIE said:

I'm not good enough of a rider to notice the age difference :) 

Even a much older bike would suffice but the parts are too hard to obtain now.  

a 2014 TXT 280 pro racing popped up locally yesterday and I grabbed it.  It's well ridden but in decent shape and the price was right so I could sell it without losing anything when it's time to upgrade.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, katoom400 said:

a 2014 TXT 280 pro racing popped up locally yesterday and I grabbed it.  It's well ridden but in decent shape and the price was right so I could sell it without losing anything when it's time to upgrade.

Congrats, Enjoy! I'm currently on a 2012 TXT 280 Raga, It took me a bit to get used to it after my older TXT 250 and regretted the upgrade for a few weeks. Like it way more now, not looking to upgrade any time soon. Felt like the 280 had twice the power of the 02 250 and felt twice as hard to start. All sorted now. Is it starting well for you?

8 hours ago, Glayne said:

Congrats, Enjoy! I'm currently on a 2012 TXT 280 Raga, It took me a bit to get used to it after my older TXT 250 and regretted the upgrade for a few weeks. Like it way more now, not looking to upgrade any time soon. Felt like the 280 had twice the power of the 02 250 and felt twice as hard to start. All sorted now. Is it starting well for you?

Starts just fine for me, One of my friends with a TXT300 told me the secret to starting them is to put it in gear, roll it back till it stops, hold the clutch in and kick and it will start first shot.  So far he was right although I've only started it maybe 10 times.

• Like 1