Trial Training In Leicester And Bristol

Hi

I am about to move to UK. I have got two similar job offers, one is situated in Bristol and the other is in Leicester. Trial riding is very important for me so I would like a word about these two areas.

Is there any trial practicing area/races in the Leicester area?

Is there any trial practicing area/races in the Bristol area?

I appreciate any reply, thanks :blink:

Thomas

GasGas 280

HI Thomas...

kind of funny for me, 'cause I live nearish to Leicester, and my parents live nearish to Bristol.

Hopefully I wont offend anyone in saying that I think the Bristol/Wales area has better competitions, and certainly more happening....like I say, sorry if I offend anyone, I've only been back living in UK for about 5 months..but this is what I've found so far...

SO..obviously, I visit my parents alot, so I can get some good trials in!!!

BUT..I have found it hard to find a legal/good place to practise up there...

although I havent used it yet, I have seen Earl Shiltons practise place and it looked really good to me.

SO..to summerise, I would say do yer practise in Leicester area...and do your competitions in the Bristol area :P

there...that hasnt helped your decision much has it!!!???? :blink:

Hi

I really apreciate all the answers :chairfall:

It sounds to me that there is a bit more on offer at Bristol, but both areas is active. I woundn't mind to train with Steve. I saw him make a show this year at VM where he whith out the front wheel drove over an container :chairfall:

I really like the big clims for that Wales should offer more.

I think it will be Bristol.

Thomas

Edited by Thomas_trial

Moving to Leicester, you are not too far from the Derbyshire Dales, where there are some cracking venues.

I live in Coventry and ride at Earls Shilton, 12 trilas a year, it is Ok and is also available for practise, but tend to go to Derbyshire to get on the rocks.

Not too many rocks down South, so if your a Mud man you will be Ok :chairfall:

I like to do hills and rocks, but mud is not for me.

I like to practise 1-2 times a week. There is a place for that in Leicester.

Haw is it in the Bristol Area?. There are a lot of races, but is it possible to practice 1-2 times a week?

Any hints of great living places in the Bristol area, I am going there today to have a look. I have though of Avonmouth and Portishead.

Joke

When you want to hire a new employee, make sure that you don't hire an unlucky one. You make sure of that by throwing half the applications away :chairfall:

Edited by Thomas_trial

Hey

I originally come from Bristol but currently I am residing at the University of Leicester. So I know both trials scenes reasonable well.

Bristol is a fantastic location for trials as within a few miles there are a lot of brilliant clubs and if you wish to travel a bit further over to Wales there are some cracking clubs over there as well. TBH you could compete every weekend either in a time trial or an observed trial.

I live about 5 minutes from Avonmouth and Portishead so I know the areas very well and really there are no real practise places anywhere near. That is the only real downside to Bristol is that there isn

I got the job in Bristol, a fantastic job :P . I will move there the 1 of April. We rented a house in Keynsham. I look forward to get out and get a taste of trials in UK :angry:.

Is there any one who knows a club nearby Keynsham? or can recommend a club to get started in nearby Bristol?

In Denmark we use un-registered bikes and just need a trial insurance (license).

What do I need to start competing in UK?

Thomas

Edited by Thomas_trial

get an ACU trials licence (OK affiliation), but to do this you need to join a club first, so work out which local club you want to join, as they have to countersign the form (the form is on the ACU website)

your entry fee for each event covers your insurance, although you may want additional personal accident insurance (depends how much of a crasher you are) from companies like CICA

rabie :angry: