2005/2004 Sy

nitjay - hrc

Hi, ive been looking around for 05 Sy250s and the only ones i have found are at dealers, and cost about 2500, however i could probably find an 04 example for around 1900 (BVM currently have one, but it looks tatty to me [What do you think its on their website])

Paying 2500 for a bike would mean borrowing money off my folks.However i could by an 04 example on my own.

My question is, is it worth the extra money and possible waiting for an 05 SY250?

Ive read nearly every topic on here about them and still cant really make my mind up, it seems that there are very few differences except the exhaust is made of a different material at the front (or something) and the frame isnt blue. I also assumed that all the 05 Sy250s had flat sump guards, but i went to look at one last week and it had the rounded one.

Any help would be great guys

Nj

i've been looking for a sy too. around about the same amount as you're looking to spend and i have to agree. theres a lot of tatty dogs out there. i've given up on that idea now. too many tatty examples out there especially in dealers. just keep looking in the classifieds in tmx.

The flat sump guard would be nice but not essential. You could buy one anyway and add it at a later date if you want. The biggest change for the SY was the 03, do a search in this forum and you'll find a topic.