Suspension for the larger chaps...

McTrucky

I am new to trials and have 2012 framed 250 Beta evo.  The bike has obvioulsy done some work over the years, so it might be fair to say the shock and springs are not factory fresh.  I am just over 15 stone (97kg ish) in my birthday suit - and suspect the bike is designed for someone with a slightly more athletic figure than mine.

I swapped the fork oil (now using 10weight) and am happy with the front, but am wondering if I should be looking to rebuild/replace the shock at that age, and if I should be looking for a heavier spring than standard?

No great rush, happy to ride as is, but if a second hand unit popped up on eBay, should I bite?

8 hours ago, marky dee said:

I do , every new bike .., springs to my weight...!!! , i am 85 kg..

I have seen springs advertised as heavy duty and so on, but when you say "springs to my weight" do you know where to get specific springs for your weight?

15 hours ago, McTrucky said:

I have seen springs advertised as heavy duty and so on, but when you say "springs to my weight" do you know where to get specific springs for your weight?

I mail Reiger  for a new spring ..., en for Tech fork spring i order whith Dherbey in France or Trialworld Spain...

Never happy with the Crapioli forks but they can be improved. Ohlins is a much better rear shock then Sachs  Think I got mine from Splatshop Be aware that there is no standard for fork oils i e one brand 10w might be thinner then 5W of another brand or vice versa