Painting My Plastic Tank?

sam

Thing with plastic tanks is they are usualy slightly porus (sp?) so the fuel will bubble the paint off from the inside however if you still wish too give it a go i just painted a rear mudgaurd and i used a special primer for plastics that helps the paint stick and stops it from flaking makes it flexible then used the same make paint on top of that and came out really nice!

I tried Krylon Fusion on the front disc guard of my 02 Montesa. It did not go on well, so did't use it on anything else. When I sprayed the part it had bubbles that looked like it was not bonding in spots, so wiped it off immediately. Anyone else tried it?

• 1 year later...
I tried Krylon Fusion on the front disc guard of my 02 Montesa. It did not go on well, so did't use it on anything else. When I sprayed the part it had bubbles that looked like it was not bonding in spots, so wiped it off immediately. Anyone else tried it?

One way to sort it is pre clean or panel wipe plastic first,then rub with 1000,1500 wet and dry paper after that pre clean again then spray on good quality plastic primer.

Then put a fine coat of colour on top very fine coat ,when that drys flat that colour off with wet un dry paper so that u get a even surface this is called a guide coat when that is done pre clean again then use a tac cloth to get rid of bits from surface ,finaly aply top coat colour :D