The Wonderful World Of Trials.

toofasttim

As some of you know the situation in South Africa has, over the last few years, become quite fraught. In the last two and a half years I have been unable to find permanent employment here in spite of being highly skilled and highly qualified.

Some of you also know that I have been brewing plans for some time to emmigrate to New Zealand. Well that time arrives on Thursday. I'm outta here! Vamoose! My wife and kids will remain in SA while I set up in NZ and follow after winding up here.

I have been fortunate to have made contact with a member of these forums in Auckland who in addition to helping me with my job hunting there has also offered to put me up and has even offered me the loan/use of his bikes in local trials. Whatta guy! Take a bow Peter.

I won't be disappearing and I will be accessable via pmail.

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

I just saw this post, almost a year too late!

Tim is now settled a mile away from my place in Auckland and managed a few trials on my tweaked 352cc Bultaco - without any damage!

There is a bril trials scene here - I'm from North Yorkshire from the late 70's and have ridden trials here since. Check out www.nztrials.com has a few scenic videos from here, I think Tim is on one of them as a spectator as I blagged the Bult for that event when the B40 expired before the start.

As in most parts of the World, trials riders here are the most friendliest and helpful types you could ever meet. We have a bril North Island National series, held over 6 weekends of 2 day events in various centres catering for 7 grades of riders over 4 different lines.

You cam always contact me if you have any questions about NZ and trials here, could also help out with riders wanting to perhaps emigrate here - it's a great country, lots of space, brilliant trials scene, little beauracracy and decent weather.

Bye, PeterB.