identification of old 250 Trials bike

IanLewes

Hi all,

I have an old  Gas Gas 250? trials in my barn, haven't used it for 10 years and thinking of selling for a restoration project. I still have a road bike but a bit too old for trials now and a biker mate thought it might be a 125cc it would have been lively if it was a 125 but he seemed to think it was. I would hate to mislead anyone so I have looked at the ID plate by the headstock> *VTRGG2599112980309* can make out a long number and wondered if any Gas Gas experts would be kind enough to decode for me and perhaps indicate a ball park value as a project. I realise it may be virtually worthless now but it was running when last used and always under cover so I'm sure after a carb clean and new fuel she will run fine. 

many thanks 

Ian

Surprised nobody has hit this one out of the park for you, If I remember correctly I'd say yours is a 1999 250cc, I did not research this, could be wrong.

It would likely go for around 1000$ here in Canada.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, IanLewes said:

Hi Glayne, really appreciate your response. I am relived it is a 250 which will make selling it better. I had a suspicion it was late 90's thanks again for you response 

regards

Ian  

No problem, Any pictures? I had an 02 Gasser 250, it was great!