Repsol 301RR hot start issues + Avgas discussion

leosantanalg

34 minutes ago, leosantanalg said:

and that I completely understand! it does pollute and it is harmful, ...

Poisonous and lethal are the correct terms now that we know better and we know better because we (humans) abused the use of TEL to the point where it has become a global problem for all life.  

https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/avgas#:~:text=The most common and reliable,damage at higher power settings.

LL Avgas is on the chopping block.

21 minutes ago, lemur said:

Poisonous and lethal are the correct terms now that we know better and we know better because we (humans) abused the use of TEL to the point where it has become a global problem for all life.  

https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/avgas#:~:text=The most common and reliable,damage at higher power settings.

LL Avgas is on the chopping block.

AVgas is not going anywhere for the next 30 years minimum. You can copy and post random "lethal" articles online but the bottom line goes way deeper than our back and forth argument and environmental ideologies !!  I suggest starting with a deeper understanding and more knowledgeable article such as this 3 part in depth review by Paul. 

Sorry I didn't realize FAA documents are 'random lethal articles'. " transition to lead-free aviation fuels for piston-engine aircraft by the end of 2030" <-  that's 7 years and hopefully well within my lifetime.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lemur said:

Sorry I didn't realize FAA documents are 'random lethal articles'. " transition to lead-free aviation fuels for piston-engine aircraft by the end of 2030" <-  that's 7 years and hopefully well within my lifetime.

little too soon to make that bet, but my money says it wont go away and when we come closer to the deadline, A "safety" concern will rise!$$$$ perhaps will be illegal even sooner in the State of California! LOL but that wouldn't be a surprise. However, We both agreed that lead is bad for us and the environment to some extent but I will still contest is bad for my engine.