OSSA 250 MAR stator?

ossabikes27

hey all, i’m trying to replace the stator in my 72’ 250 mar but i’m not really sure what to do where i’m at. i have a vague idea but i’m just making sure i don’t mess anything up. i was wondering if anybody knows what i need to do to get to the stator from here? thanks.

B4595ACA-A322-4F5F-9E4F-1E2EFC4E6D77.jpeg

Right behind that flywheel that spins with the crankshaft, you're almost there.

The big nut in the middle needs to be removed and then the next thing you will need is a puller to remove the flywheel because it is on a taper shaft with a keyway, the flywheel carries the magnets that make the power when they pass by the stator coils.  Breaker points ignition is also behind that flywheel and a small condenser/capacitor too.

Edited by lemur

3 hours ago, reggie said:

There are some Ossa Mar bikes with points.

MAR had electronic, the green TR77 had points, then they went back to electronic on thr Gripper. They're interchangeable so it's possible to fit the points ignition system to a MAR

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ossabikes27 said:

what do you mean by points?

Ignition contact breaker points.  The stator on your bike has no contact breaker, it's elctronic ignition.  What are you replacing your stator with?

4 hours ago, cleanorbust said:

No points on a MAR as far as I recall. The early models were somewhat known for electronic ignition failure.

I wasn't sure but searched and found them listed as replacement parts, he will know once he pulls the flywheel.