The Coppers Will Get Us ?...

daggs888

I really doubt it is worth it. Find yourself a decent 2 day event and ride that. Alternative would be lights and a YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE back no plate at a minimum ;)

No lights are required (not even a brake light) if the bike has a daylight only MOT, which it must have, otherwise lights would have to be added every year for the MOT. As it says, with this, you can ride during daylight hours only.

You do require a speedo (which has to work under Construction & Use Regulations) and a constant tone horn.

Rear number plate should be regulation size (9x7), and display the correct script, correctly spaced on two lines, unless the bikes was first registered prior to 2001, when the numbers and letters can be on three lines.

You can only ride on Byways and RUPPS, and these are usually fairly easy to ride on trail bikes, so will be very easy on trials irons. I'd go with Dabster's comment, and enter a two day event.

Thanks for the reply's, two day trials are just not common enough .. we want to do this at least four maybe five times a year ... thanks for the advice ... so just to be clear -

I will be ok on a new bike that is taxed and insured (no need for MOT as less than 3 years) with no lights but using hand signals. I need a speedo and a horn to ba all above board ?

The plate will be a problem as a 7X9 would last till the first bit of real land then would snap off ... was thinking about one of those YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE number boards (which are no were near legal size) would the police take a hard line on that or just tut tut and a warning ? .... any roads that cant be riden on using the above standards ?

Thanks boys .. Darren

I know what you mean about the legal sized plates.

If I were you, I'd ride with a not too small one, say 7 x 5 flexi, and if you get stopped, you can point out that a proper perspex one would break, and then none of the registration could be read. Of course, a copper could still stop you from riding like this, so you may wish to have a 9x7 in your rucksack to screw on top if necessary.

As long as you don't take the p!ss and ride with one the size of a postage stamp stuck to the top of your rear mudguard, then most police will see sense.

I think its all down to luck, if you have a plate tax disc and working lights riding sensibly using hand signal and just happen to have your licence with you, if plod isn't busy and fancies a pull by the side if you get a reasonable one you are ok if not you may get a producer, lots of ifs really.