Xblok brake calliper - advice on servicing / parts

Can anyone offer me some advice please on my Xblok front brake  calliper, fitted to a 2011 Beta Evo 290. Cant find any info on Xblok online, is it an old / discontinued brand?

2 things, 1, where can i get a piston / seal kit? 

2, whats the tool called or type of tool used to remove the gold calliper covers ( looks like a larger version of whats used on Hope MTB brakes.

Thanks you

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

@EddieStiffback I remember when they were on sale ,The only advice that I would give is throw it away and buy a common and currently available   Grimeca or Braktec  front brake calliper with parts fairly  easily available from many shops .In the time you have taken faffing around with that collectors item  buying a Torx key that fits ETC  and found the piston size  you could be sorted and riding around. That is probably not what you wanted to hear.

Alternatively buy a Torx type key very expensive for minimal useage make or find something that will undo the plugs and extract the pistons can be a hassle if you have not got a well equipped  workshop then buy/use  a vernier caliper to measure the pistons and see if the servicing kits that Braktec ,Brembo Nissin ETC ETC sell are compatible with your caliper block. 

• Like 2

I actually dont think a torx will fit. The braktec calipers use a torx100 to remove their caps but the shape of this caps indents are more rounded than torx, so id say you would have to make your own tool. You may be lucky and find the pistons are the same size as braktecs (i assume they would make their caliper to suit pistons and seals already on the market) which are 25 mm, but youre already looking at £40 for a piston and seal kit!

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

That's the mono bloc brake calliper planned obsolescence feature, key to its success is a really bad anodize job on the parts and that nobody actually makes a tool to fit that screw.

• Haha 2