Gas gas txt boy 50

vicky46

Bought this trials bike for my 6 year old. After some time we ve finally got it working but the fan that came on the bike looks like it's been a make shift fan and is completely knackered and fell to pieces.. can anyone help me with this, such as will any size bike fan fit,  does it have to be from another txt boy 50 bike?? Or does anyone have one that can be purchased??

3 hours ago, vicky46 said:

Bought this trials bike for my 6 year old. After some time we ve finally got it working but the fan that came on the bike looks like it's been a make shift fan and is completely knackered and fell to pieces.. can anyone help me with this, such as will any size bike fan fit,  does it have to be from another txt boy 50 bike?? Or does anyone have one that can be purchased??

GasGas parts manual on bike-parts-gasgas lists the fan for the 2005 TX50 as part BT720003013. and that is the same part number as a KTM and Husqvarna fan, but they say contact them to order because I suspect they are going to tell you the entire stator and magnet need to be replaced as well.

The fan runs off DC so there is a small rectifier on there to convert the AC coming off the existing alternator, if I was you I would start by testing the voltage output from your rectifier and then you can source a small muffin fan to suit the voltage and mounting space.  Muffin fan is what they were originally called and they are available in a vast range of sizes, muffin fan power requirements start at 5VDC which is USB standard and if your alternator can't power the fan you could add a rechargeable battery to run the fan dead loss and recharge it when you're not riding.

• Like 1