Trials Questionnaire

grant_sherco

Hi Everyone,

I have to do a research topic for a college project. I have chosen to do it on the rule change in trials of the outdoor world round. If you could answer theses questions it would be greatly appreciated!! It wont take long!

Could you type the question number and then where it says circle the answers could you please just type them out, and where it says "why" just type the reason underneath.

E.g. Q1 Rider, spectator, observer.

I need as many people as possible to fill these out!

Thanks in advance

Grant

Trials Questionnaire

1. How are you involved with trials? (Please circle as many as you need to).

RIDER / SPECTATOR / ORGANISER / OBSERVER / WORK FOR ACU/

WORK FOR SACU / WORK FOR FIM

2. Are you aware of the rule change in 2006 in the world outdoor trials, from stop to non-stop?

(Please circle your answer)

YES NO

If no, please go to question 7.

3. Why do you think they have changed to the non-stop rule this year?

(Please answer in the space below)

1 Rider/Spectator/Organiser/Observer

2 No Change in World Trial Champ, the change is The Adult British Champ

brinnig the rules within the FIM

3 Good Move To bring the B,C within the FIM Rules the Rules of the Sport

4 Its the ACU Who knows

5 s stated above

6 NO

7 YES

8 NO

9 NO

1)Rider/ spectater /observer

2) It's the British champs where they've changed their rules. The whole idea of it was for it to be the same as the world champ rules.

3) I think they have changed the rules so that the top Brit riders who do world rounds aren't having to switch between different sets of rules.

4)I think in the past they have continualy switched rules because when trials are run under the FIM rules, sections have to be made harder which can lower the number of riders wanting to ride. But then again they need to push the top lads who will be riding the world champs.

5) Yes. Whether it's in the best interest of the sport at clubmen level I don't know, but I have to admit to being from the hop,skip generation of younger riders.

6)Yes. It may be difficult as most centre and national trials are still run under no stop rules (I think)

7)Yes. I think whatever the rules are, we all need to be following the same ones.

8)Yes. As I said earlier, some riders may not contest the Brit champs under the stop rules because of the increased difficulty in the sections.

9)No. As I have said, I think we all need to be on the same rules.

hope that helps

Rob ;)

Grant excuse me for bringing this up but because they have not changed the scoring system at World level it negates your article. Suggest put another slant on the question as in 'What if they changed ....... '. Only a suggestion. Good luck.

from a statistical point of view it appears

a) you've got the 2nd question wrong in the eyes of several respondents ....

;) Q1's choice are wrong / false, as very few people work for the FIM or ACU (betetter put prehaps as FMN or even just governing body), do you mean volunteers working for the FMN on various committees???

these statical exercise require very careful thought about the questions and to whom you are asking (are the response from TC balanced, representative, etc)and what answers you expect to get?

i think you also need to distinguish between what levels of riding your are trying to illicit form the respondees, specifically about level of riding; club, group, centre, regional, national, european, international and more importantly IMHO for what kind of trials, sidecar, pre65, novice, advanced (expert, inter, etc)

rabie :D

1) rider (mainly)

2)yes

3) pressure from other organising bodies and general public

4) bike an rider devlopments

5) yes not so many different sets of rules for riders to adust to.

6) yes but not greatly it takes a different approach to different rules

7) yes but more importantle each countrys rules should be the same be it a club trial or national trial

8)yes but only a small number

9)no the rules should be the same so riders dont have to adust to the rules all the time especially in up and coming stars riding europeans etc