1986 TLR 200 rear shocks

MichaelW

TLR200 parts diagram for the front forks shows no replaceable slide bushings, so the stock front forks are not particularly rebuildable, once the lower legs are worn oval on the inside the forks are done.  Springs you can get if the springs in it now are bagged out.  

... and you can get seals on spec.

Edited by lemur

Falcon and Rockshocks make rear shocks for the tlr(they are longer than many other twinshocks) progressive front springs are available along with new stanchions if the chrome is pitted. Oil capacity is 295 ml per leg.

There is a company in Spain HFS suspension who make a range of options, from progressive springs with pre load adjustment to air cartridge systems. Ive just fitted one to mine. Quick and easy to fit, the difference is night and day. Price is very reasonable, ordering etc was very easy.the only point id be aware of is the HFS fork caps only fit original tlr stanchions.. The replacement ones you can buy come with fork caps but have a different thread pitch.

I believe the stock shock was made by Betor and ~400mm most I've seen are fitted with a dual rate spring that is almost coil bound through part of it which looks strange.  Never seen one with a complete modern front end attached but I imagine that would result in a serious upgrade.  Your stock steering head bearings are only loose ball in cup type, a taper bearing set in the headstock would be advised because that is an inexpensive upgrade that gives noticeable results.

On 2/19/2024 at 4:07 PM, MichaelW said:

are the rear shocks 150MM in length?

That would be rear wheel travel and not the shock length, 150mm = roughly 6 inches, the shock absorber overall length is close to 16"