Bultaco Decals/transfers

goat

I'm restoring a 1974 Sherpa 350T to something like its former glory. It's the blue slimline tank model (125). it came to me in plain blue - minus transfers/decals.

I expect Classic Transfers can supply them, but I don't know what I need, and where they should be! Does any one have any good digital photos of a similiar bike? or know a website which gives any info

thanks

Old Goat

Edited by goat

Slimline Bultaco was red/silver fibreglass tank/seat unit. The 74/75 had the Homelite alloy tank/seat unit, unique to UK due to fibreglass being outlawed, painted in light blue and silver-grey. If this is the bike you mean there is one on ebay at the moment under item number 4619432087. The only decals they had were the Bultaco roundel badge on the tank and the yellow Bultaco decal. Originally they had white mudguards whereas the one on ebay has blue gonellis.

This model is also pictured on the front of the Haynes manual

:angry:

Actually the plastic guards were not fitted until 1977 season (red Gonelli), before then, the Sherpas all came with alloy guards front and rear.

Big John

I agree with that, but with the exception of those Homelite blue/silver models. I can't ever recall seeing them with the alloy guards, even though they were slimlines with a different tank seat/unit. They must have had the alloy guards when they left the factory so were they changed to white over here (not Gonelli, some other type) The picture on the Haynes manual also shows the white guards - I think, I'm confusing myself now....

I'm curious now though..

I agree with that, but with the exception of those Homelite blue/silver models. I can't ever recall seeing them with the alloy guards, even though they were slimlines with a different tank seat/unit. They must have had the alloy guards when they left the factory so were they changed to white over here

When both of my Sherpas left the factory (M91s 1971/72) they had alloy guards, still have an original set (+1 extra front) in my shed. When the (2nd) bike was bought these were swapped for white plastic guards. Unfortunately the first bikes guards were lost in a garage fire (along with the bike)

Edited by rcgods