Spanish Indoor Trials

scrappington

This may be a repetition of a topic i put up last year but does anyone think its unfair that Spain ONLY get 4 world rounds (one third !) and a championship of their own in Spain, or do they actually have 2 Spanish championships!.

Why dont we have our own UK domestic indoor Trials Championship then our lads will get a bit more practice/experience then go out and beat the Spanish lot.

We could get REPSOL to sponsor it with no cover ups.

Just don't think the support is there mate, not for a series. But i reckon a one off event to name a British indoor or Arena trial champion would be a go'er. Maybe one of the off-road shows could hold it over the course of the day with a few prelim rounds and a final.

like Oct14 2006 :angry:

Maybe because you need obstacles for an indoor, Which spain has. You also need crouds too which guess what spain also has.

Hmmm....

Sheffield Indoor - Sell-out every year.

Sheffield Indoor - 2006 - Largest waterfall obstacle ever seen anywhere in the world at an Indoor event.

Sheffield Indoor - Our crowds appreciate all the riders and don't boo riders from outwith their own country.

Spain also gave us Octagon. Enough said! ;)

Im not saying that you couldn't run another in England, in fact it would probably be good for the sport but it does make things work that much easier when they have the obstacles in spain and they know that they will get a croud.

Although then again if you could spread trials around the world more it would be great for the sport ;)

All that i am trying to say is its just easier and safer to run indoors in spain.