TRS Shock Brands

honda65

So I have a 2021 300 OneRE with a Reiger shock. Thing actually works pretty decent. The other night I decided to service it and seeing I owned a suspension business for 20 years I saw no problem in just digging into it. Wrong. It needs a specialized fitting to charge the nitrogen which seems to be impossible to obtain. Does anyone have access to this and any other tools needed?

Or.....does anyone know what other shocks fit on it without any issue? I heard Ohlins once came on them but I haven't been able to confirm that. I can get a brand new Ohlins off of the 2020 Gas Gas for a pretty cheap price and it seems as though so many of the bikes share the same dimensions. But this just speculation. Has anyone put any other shock on a TRS?

I am a Reiger importer and service agent in Australia and you are correct that it does need a special tool / fitting to charge the shock (2 pieces actually). You can email me at The Hell team if you want some more information.

TRS have only used R16V and Reiger shocks, they have not used Ohlins on any of their models.

They use a number of different Reiger models. The ones on the ONE R have adjustable compression and rebound, and use a clevis connection at the lower end.

The RR models have hi and low speed compression adjustment, and rebound adjustment, and a clevis connection at the lower end.

And the GOLD series use the bigger bodied B40 shock with hi and low speed compression adjustment, rebound adjustment and Hydrastop adjustment, and a spherical bearing connection at the lower end.

The Ohlins on the GG has spherical bearing connections both ends, and is a slightly different free length. TRS 265mm, GG 279mm, so not compatible. (at least not without some work and parts replacement).

And the Ohlins is no were near as good as the Reiger (even the base model) IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arnoux said:

And the Ohlins is no were near as good as the Reiger (even the base model) IMHO.

Agreed, having an ohlins was the thing in trials in the 00s. I was shocked when the gg came with an ohlins that year, talk about cost cutting!

Hi, thanks for the repsonse. It was your video on the Reiger that made me aware of the tooling. I wish I had seen and watched it first. I had to make an oil bleed setup which was not a problem but hit the wall with the nitro setup. The Reiger on my One R has rebound adjust only but it does have the clevis. I have an R16V off of a 2018 Montesa 4rt which is spherical end piece. I read that the Reiger B40 can work on my bike with a change in linkage so I am willing to do that if there is another shock that will work. Is the R16v worth messing with? I don;t have a problem with the base Ohlins as I dealt with them for years and there is a guy here in the states that has a pretty hot setup on those.

But I will email you about the tooling. I hate having people work on my stuff if its something I can do so if its possible to obtain any of those tools that would be awesome.

• Like 1