Montesa Timing Cover

montesa pierre

I have a 1981 Montesa 248 Cota. Engine No 21 M  51176. I need to replace the right hand timing case. I have looked at the parts manual and it indicate just a timing cover with a plastic chain guard above the front sprocket. The cover fitted to my engine is the whole length of the right hand crankcase and originally covered the front sprocket. It has a cut out at the front which perfectly matches the rubber grommet where the ignition leads exits. Does anyone Knows what Montesa model this timing cover comes from ?. The retaining screws all line up perfectly and the casing has the Montesa motif on it. Before I remove the damaged part are there any internal numbers that may assist.

Regards,

Peter Lee (Cornwall) 

Thank you for our reply. Unfortunately your photograph show the correct type of timing cover. My cover is the whole length of the right hand crankcase, covering the drive sprocket. I  think a photograph of mine  would be an advantage to identify it

Thank you,

Peter Lee (Cornwall)