Throttle control when wheelie

Sounds like you're hanging off the bars, this will be a problem for more than just wheelies. practice keeping a steady throttle while moving your upper body around, on the flat, then uphill and downhill then over really rough ground.

Also for a practical/useful front wheel lift try to get a lot of the initial lift from the suspension using as little throttle as possible to catch/assist it, it's useful practice for slippery conditions where there's not enough traction using just the throttle or clutch up technique.

6 hours ago, betaflaxton said:

Hello , new to trials riding.  Have beta 200 , when doing wheelie as I lift front wheel I keep twisting the throttle, how to solve this

I concur with the above post, you likely need to ride the foot pegs far more and the handlebars far less.  

Infinitely better to assist if we could see what you are doing wrong but just a guess: The number one new to trials rider issue is not bending your knees anywhere near enough because doing so moves your body weight off the bars and lowers your weight onto the pegs where it is needed.  I find it beneficial to keep my right foot forward on the peg where I can retain control over the rear brake at all times and I shift my left foot further back riding on the ball of my foot, the staggered stance offers better front to rear balance control.  Setup of the lever and bar position is critical to keeping only your index fingers on the control levers at all times and that will help you to control everything that needs to happen when you are popping a wheelie or riding a cat walk.  (cat walk is the term I use to describe a sustained wheelie or when you ride only the rear wheel like a unicycle.)  A taller gear selection and using front to rear balance point control instead of the engine power will address the over-rev issue.  

Whisky throttle is when you experience a brief disconnect between your brain and your physical dexterity.  

I can tell you're not addicted to the sport yet, but once you do become comfortable with the controls and start moving with your machine instead of just using it to haul you around like a wagon, then you will become addicted to riding trials bikes.

What they didn't tell you at the dealership is; you didn't just buy some vehicle to transport you over terrain so rough that it could kill a horse, you bought an exercise machine that requires riding every chance you get until you get really good with it.  Master the controls first and learn to read the terrain, learn to move your body in harmony with the motorcycle while practicing the technique' of doing wheelies, splats, zaps, hops and all those other neat tricks.  The motorcycle does not make it easy, it only makes it possible and about 4 days or more per week is usually required to notice a marked improvement in your riding skills and physical endurance, much less than 2 days per week riding will have you regressing in skills and physical conditioning just as it would happen with any other strenuous exercise regime.  

• Confused 1