Califoria Youth Trials Team Sponsorship

mich lin

Zippy, Mexican is a nationality not a color, just like being an American citizen is a nationality, not a color!

There are Americans of Mexican origin, European origin, Asian origin, African origin, South American origin, middle eastern origin. Even Canadian origin if you want to consider the northern border as well as the southern one. There are even Canadians of differnt skin shades, just like there are blond Mexicans, just watch Mexican TV sometime and you will see a ton of them.

Everyone in north and south America migrated from somewhere, even those we call native Americans. Few Imigrates today from 3rd world countries like Mexico have the time and money for expensive amatuer sports like NATC trials but hey, everyone is welcome.

Also consider that 30% of all prisoners in our jails are also Mexican nationals, plus more Mexican citizens get welfare here than American citizens. I don't see large numbers of Mexican citizens turning up as riders at ATA trials events today. So I doubt that a large population of Mexican citizens living in SoCal will help the Califorina Youth Trials team very much, which is what Dman is so up in arms about.

Edited by Mich Lin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right Ishy, the president of Mexico is of Irish decent! He's a Euro-Mexican!

If you know your history, Mexico was under the contorl of both France and Spain at one time. So there are a lot of Europeans running around Mexico but of course the general population is from the first immigration that was from Asia. Accross the frozen land bridge of thousands of years ago.

So with this first migration in mind before the Europeans came, most people consider Mexican nationals as brown skinned. Their culture is full of Europeans, even their president, who is Irish.

So we can't really lump all Mexicans as brown skin, like we cannot consider all Canadians white skinned.

Dman, I was the one who pointed out your state having the highest IQs in the nation. It was simply an observation and fact, not a put down. Likewise, you are not guilty of bringing up any Mexican national populations in the US, that was me again. If we really studied the issue, your state might have a bigger population of Euro-Americans than ours. Not a put down again, simply an observation.

The last time I checked, Mexican nationals were not over running our trials events or flooding the entries. That was my simple point, our entry remains mostly Euro-Americans.

Califorina youth trials is BIG for a couple of reasons. 1) It's a tradition in SoCal 2) Bill Markem going out of his was to provide quality youth events at ATA, NATC and at his own ITS trials events. Our kids have a place to compete, while most US states don't porvide kids trials, they cater to Adults only like the NATC. 3) Our dads and moms are behind the kids, most don't compete themselves like the other parents accross the nation, they minder, trasnport, maintain the kids bikes insted of competing themselves. 4) The club is behind them, my example is the $5000.00 just raised for the team.

Edited by Mich Lin

Ish:

So that opens up the following weekend to come up to the rock then eh? :lol:

Ps It would seem to the untrained eye, that if one is to attempt the SSDT, training the liver is as important as training the rest of your body!

Steve

Edited by Steve Fracy

:lol: You Guys are making me want to sell my house and leave hurricane central and move back to Lake Arrowhead !!!!! I miss the mountains and rocks !!! (and my first wife!)

:)

Glenn

But I did grow up in new england and learned trials in the 70's there...

Maybe I just don't like SC.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by axulsuv

Dman, it's a proven fact that trials riders are the smartest motorcyclist's in the world, maybe even the smartest motorsprots enthusiasts of all. That gives you guys a huge advantage.

It's simply not fair that we have to compete against you guys. :lol:

Checking saturday,partying uh spectating sunday.look for me in the big blue f 250.i will fill up the cooler with refreshments. :thumbup: BTW looking for the party friday night,any chance tfm will be hosting one?

Ishy, your a legal immigrant, that's why we can't give you a pass! It's nothing but a hard time for you, after all it's not easy being a "legal" alien. We hold you to a much higher standard.

You will have to wait in line, fill out all sorts of complicated papers, jump through hoops and prove you have no loyality to Yorkshire trials riders winning the US world round anymore. You are required to now be a fan of Yankee riders only!

Otherwise, Who knows what we may have to do to you?