06 Coolant

moulder

I have an 06 280 Pro and during the victory trial this sunday the cooling fan was on all of the time. Even when going along the road in the freezing cold. The bike never boiled over but the fan seemed to always be on. Is this normal?

My 05 Pro fan behaved a lot more normal cutting in when the bike was not moving etc.

I am going to fit an 04 thermostat etc but to be honest the standard 06 set up should be fine in theory?

Tony

I presume the bike must be fairly new, a new bike will run hotter than usual until everything frees off (runs in).

Changing the thermostat won't make any difference unless you change it for a different temperature one but then you could do some damage to you're new bike.

So unless the fan is on from cold I would leave it alone.

Chris

My 06 250 Pro is the same. Fan runs just about all the time, even like yours down the road in freezing condtions. Have done 3 road trials pus some multi lappers and is still the same so presume it the operating range on the thermostat.

We have had the opposite problem! The Fan on Chris's 06 125 would not go on! He had to be very careful as we were getting water and steam out of the overflow. And the best bit was that we couldn't find the thermostat to bypass the Stat. Anybody know where it is and how to "bypass" it so the fans on??

It should be jus below the fan like a light coloured thing inside the pipe take off both the clips and you can slot them both onto one... like A and B , A and B slot together and then slot on A slot on the thermostat which should make the fan stay on all the time.

The 06 thermo is in the front of the radiator (top right hand side)its behind the frame so you cant see it. There are 2 wires from it one goes to earth the other to a regulator thingy see the attached wiring diagram. Its probably best to replace the thermostat with an 04 one, I wonder how much they are?

Ian

wiring_06.pdf