Vw Transporter

windlestone

Ive had a vw lwb Transporter t32 with 2 rows of seats for just over a year now and would reckon that its streets ahead of any other van. My business partner has a new type 115 Vito and we now call it the Transit!!!! The VW is very quick,economical and very quiet to travel in even with no extra sound proofing. It's another leap forward in the search for perfection. Had no problems with it apart from front interior door handles both breaking and I've lost a total of 5 hub caps in a year,they just fall off at random. VW admit to the door handle fault but wont admit to there being a problem with hubcaps though I've never caught them out of stock!!!! Apart from that there is nothing in the same league. It would be a bit better for bikes if the rear seats were a bit further forward as it has massive leg room in the back and it would be beneficial to have slightly more bikespace. I can see no easy way of re-positioning the rear seats. Dont hesitate if you've got the dosh it wont dissapoint.

I've got one, been nothing but trouble. It is brilliant when its right though- had 124MPH with a full load.

No wonder it's been trouble when you cane it to 124! :wall:

:D

Thats an indicated 124, might only be a genuine 120!. Faults aside,(and most of the current makes seem to have weakness's)the vw really is a revelation compared to the old generation of vans. If your buying new, stick out for 12% discount on the van and its extras,there may be more available now- i got mine 2 yrs ago. But you wont get the sort of deals you can on such as Transits, for obvious reasons :blink: Unless you buy a basic one, they are all built to order. And theres no cam belt to break, unless you cop for the 4 cyl versions