Gripper Orange

grib

I don't know about the exact orange paint colour code. But from what I gather the first "Orange 250" grippers TR80's off the production line were still yellow like the 350's. They had "Orange 250" frame and engine numbers but were yellow in colour. The colour change to distinguish a 350 Yellow from a 250 didn't come 'till slightly later. Ossa was in a mess in those days.

Check RAL2004.

My memory isn't that good but I think that is the colour I used (or rather the powder coater used) when I rebuilt a Gripper a few years ago. It was slightly deeper than the original and looked nicer in my opinion and was an almost perfect match for the orange guards. Very much like the colour in the photo above which itself looks deeper than the original. Could just be the monitor or PC settings though.

Nice bike by the way Spud Plark

Thank you Woody. With this one I can't take the credit. It's a one off. But it is a deeper orange and the black is also deeper. The bike was one of the first 250's off the production line and its original colour may have been yellow. But its is a full blooded 250 and smooth on the throttle.

Grib, the 4 leaf clovers are part of the casting.

Can anyone confirm the colour of the yellow gripper as RAL 1018 (zinc yellow). Attached is a photo of my yellow gripper. It's actually a 350 but had brand new yellow 250 tank/seat unit fitted during refurb in 1991. Hadn't been used since, when I bought it last year. I have used it most weekends so it's looking a bit more tired now cosmetically. am going to recoat all the yellow bits next winter. My local powder coating firm has RAL 1018. looks identical.

Can't confirm that number, but FYI when I rebuilt my 350 Gripper I used RAL1021 as it was slightly deeper than the original yellow which was too pale for me. RAL1021 was an almost exact match for the yellow gonelli guards too. You can see in the picture of the 350 (very nice by the way) that the rear mudguard is a slightly deeper yellow than the frame.