Sammy Miller Leavers

scott_king

but the miserable sod he had working for him in the spares department has stopped me buying anything off him for the past 3 years.

Bl*ody hell, i thought i was the only guy on earth that thought this!! This "sales person" is the most unhelpfull chap i have ever encountered in any mail order supplier!

S.M

I rest my case re "service" i think the weight of opinion is coming down on the "could deffinately do much much better" side.

Geoff Bungay of Mainly Spanish used to be a Miller employee and has some very interesting tales to tell. I wont repeat them here as it's between Geoff and Sam but i find Goeff a genuine bloke of the old skool so feel the tales have creedence.

Anyway the topic was about SM levers which are particularly poor quality i agree but anybody who reads this forum who now buys them should be well aware of their shortcomings :beer:

Everybody has their favourite suppliers and i feel good service should be both mentioned and rewarded. Criticism should be noted and taken as a chance to "change your act" and instead excel. Lets face it couldnt get much worse on an interpersonal skills level at SM mansions could it?

Sammy Miller fulfills a definate need in what is basically a minority sport as not everybody has the oportunity to drop into their local dealer for parts for our bikes.

I see nothing wrong in voicing an opinion, which after all is all it can ever be, highlighting poor service as long as you also balance this by extolling when you receive good service.

We should all use our considerable power as consumers and vote with our feet so to speak. Re the levers as i said before if nobody bought them he wouldnt sell them. If nobody patronised Sammy Millers he would ask why and rectify the situation, take that last statement with a very large pinch of Irish salt as 38yrs of dealing with him on and off has taught me otherwise but then again it is Easter a time of redemption? :wall: , hopefully maybe.

The positive things to come out of this are:

1) Dont buy Sammy Millers levers.

2) Remember only tighten any levers enough so that they dont move in use only when they are hit. They should only spin round when you give them a good slap :)

3) When you get good service tell them and remember to tell others.

4) When you get poor service tell them and remember to tell others.

5) No matter what you may think at the end of the day you only get what you pay for. ;)

Enjoy your trialling this Easter and remember there are worse things happening in the world than breaking one of Mr Grumpys cheepo levers. :)

he sold me a copyied dvd and i tested it in all the dvd players in the house and it did not work.

so i sent it back 3 weeks later the guy in the shop says we have had it back from the dvd company and they have tested it and say it works fine but out of our good will we will give you a refund.

A few days later no refund so i ring him back up.

This time sammy on the phone and hes says it will be sorted this afternoon and you will have it by tomorrow morning.

Then tomorrow morning comes and still no refund.

Another phone call and he says it was sent this morning.

2 days later no refund so i ring him up again and i said i have still not recived it he said it should be with you after the bank holiday (today)

i carried on speaking and said its getting silly now nearly a mounth for a refund and part way through he put the phone down.

Is this what the services should be like, i think not.

I am still awaiting my refund hopefully it will be here in the morning.

James