New Sherco Rider!

copemech

Well, aside from looking gay in that picture (...thanks, Mark...) I really like it. Moved over from Beta Rev-3 250 which is an excellent bike, but I was looking for a 'next level' bike. I think the '06 2.9 is about a 4-level jump! The power is incredible, it comes with new cast footpegs so I don't have to shell out $90 for Hebo's right out of the gate, good balance, suspension is more firm than my Beta, but less stiff than GasGas. So, in my 30 minutes of riding it so far, I'm very impressed and happy with it.

• 4 weeks later...

The only other 'real' experience I have is with the Beta Rev-3 - rode it in competition for several years... had a '97 Montesa before that but I wasn't good enough at the time to form much of an opinion (not to say that I'm better now...) So with that disclaimer in place:

The '06 Sherco didn't "feel" like it turned as well as the Beta, but when riding around in circles in the dirt they are virtually the same - and when I put the Sherco to the test on some off-camber downhill to uphill turns it did just as well as my old Rev-3. The Sherco front end feels lighter. I really like the new-style footpegs on the new Sherco and seems narrower than last years Sherco.

The main thing I like is the power of the 2.9 and the responsiveness of the throttle. The Sherco is stout and the power is 'right now'. I left the fast throttle on the bike and I'm trying to get used to the power.

The suspension is faster and that in combination with the super-strong motor are allowing me to attempt obstacles I wouldn't have tried before. So, in all, I very happy with the new bike.